SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· Highly-motivated and results-oriented management professional with extensive background enhancing overall call center and customer service activities.
· Excellent qualifications in logistics, warehouse operations, inventory control, quality assurance and department management.
· Self-starter with excellent hands-on leadership, problem-solving and communication skills, ensuring the completion of multiple, simultaneous projects.
· Proven ability to streamline departmental functions, increasing overall company productivity and cost efficiency.
· Competitively and intellectually equipped to excel in fast-paced call center environments.
· Demonstrated track record implementing technology initiatives to enhance business operations; proficient with Windows 98/NT/2000/XP, Microsoft Office, Cognos Powerhouse 4GL and Filemaker as well as experienced resolving issues with mainframes, PCs, servers, printers and disk drive arrays.
TRANSPORTATION AGENT GRID – Newark, CA
TRU Air Manager 2007 – September 2009
Retained following acquisition of Traffic Resources Unlimited to lead all Call Center operations for a leading provider of non-stop delivery service for companies such as HomeDirectUSA. Monitored the performance and call volume of 10 Call Center employees handling up to 100 daily calls each. Ensured correct routes are available for any delivery including working with Dispatcher on extremely remote routes. Evaluated and corrected any manpower issues. Handled and resolved any escalated customer service issues regarding failed deliveries and delivery schedules. Managed claims reviews and processing, collaborating with Claims Agent to check status of claims. Ensured the correct rating of all HomeDirectUSA deliveries.
· Credited with improving overall customer service initiatives through highly effective training of staff, ensuring optimal levels of customer satisfaction.
· Oversaw all delivery appointment schedules, ensuring the on-time delivery of orders through continual monitoring of routes and times at certain locations.
· Improved accuracy of documentation on condition of goods shipped and received and any damages by the Shipping & Receiving Department; additionally enhanced accuracy of all end-user delivery paperwork.
· Successfully decreased claim ratios from 99.84% to 92%, eliminating up to $4,000 in costs per claim.
· Directed quality assurance initiatives for HomeDirectUSA, ensuring three separate agencies achieved all scheduled deadlines
TRAFFIC RESOURCES UNLIMITED (purchased by Transportation Agent Grid) – Milpitas, CA
General Manager 2002 – 2007
Selected by a Bekins Van Lines Agent that handled all Home Direct USA deliveries in the bay area region to manage all daily operations including inventory control, customer service, dispatching, quality assurance, claims and delivery routes. Oversaw a staff of four Customer Service employees, five Dispatch personnel and a six-member Warehouse team.
· Established all warehousing operations for a national furniture manufacturer expanding business from selling retail solely directly to include offering products to local companies.
· Collaborated with software team to design and implement a bar code system that allowed company access to all inventory at separate stores, providing a clear account of any extra or missing inventory.
· Credited with improving overall Bekins dock operations by creating a team-oriented work atmosphere for both the Customer Service and Dispatch Departments focused on the overall satisfaction of the customer.
· Heightened productivity of warehouse workers pulling orders through the development and introduction of a new Route and Order Pulling Computerized System.
· Streamlined all warehouse operations by teaming with software group to create Warehouse Management, Delivery Routing and Inventory Systems, allowing company to take on an additional $40,000 in business and expand operations from one delivery truck to five and one warehouse worker to six.
MELLON US LEASING/USL CAPITAL/US LEASING – San Francisco, CA
Manager, Traffic and Warehousing 1986 – 2001
Chosen by this large 300+-employee leasing company offering mailing machines, PCs, mainframe systems, airplanes, rail cars, tractors/trailers and heavy equipment to direct all refurbishment and resale activities of preleased computer equipment at a 35,000 sq. ft. distribution center. Accountable for reviewing daily receiving schedule for overbooking, all IT/repair tickets and outbound orders. Oversaw operations at 14 outsourced facilities, ensuring proper processing of orders and conducting annual physical inventories.
· Held final approval authority on all software and hardware reconfigurations and optimizations, maximizing the resale value of all returned computer equipment as well as system integrity.
· Developed various processes and techniques in refurbishing previously-leased products, increasing resale value by 30%.
· Negotiated up to 49% cost reductions with freight contracts, decreasing annual freight costs by $200,000 per year.
· Spearheaded a major cost reduction program which included outsourcing the sale of specialized equipment to 14 qualified resellers and conducting annual performance audits.
· Maximized the time and productivity of 3rd-party technicians during visits to reconfigure mainframes, ensuring any needed parts were readily available.
COLLEGE OF SAN MATEO – San Mateo CA
Coursework towards Degree in Electronics