From: David P. Thomas
5208 Chestnut Grove Rd.
Spring Grove, PA 17362
Tel: 1 (717) 229-2675
Cell: 1 (717) 858-4055
To: Human Resources
RE: Resume: Bindery Packaging/Assembly Associate
Education/Measures of Potential
- Graduated Edinboro University of Pennsylvania (EUP), B.A. in Sociology (2001)
- Graduated Susquehannock High School (1992), included six years of social science credits.
- Prospect Research: (2003-9) Conducted extensive internet research to identify new development ideas, funding sources, and networks. Created agenda for two delegates sent to World Business Forum, 2005.
- Management: (2003-9) Oversaw operations in Ghana field office for U.S. NGO (501c3). Coordinated the logistics, delivery, installation, and maintenance of over 250 computers to over 10 schools, children’s home, and an internet café. Conducted ICT (IT) compliance study of 230 schools for the Shama Ahanta East Metropolitan Assembly (SAEMA) and a needs assessment for Axim Hospital in the Nzema East District. Recruited clinic directors for interviews as part of a measles vaccination feasibility study for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Wrote proposals for development projects on behalf of the District Chief Executive (DCE) of Nzema East District Assembly (NEDA) and served as a campaign advisor for his 2004 parliamentary elections. First to detect and help defeat an attempt to defraud the organization. NOTE: The Ghanaian district is equivalent in size to a US county.
- Sales/Marketing: (2002) served as Tele-Service Representative (TSR) in a call center for RMH Inc. Sold credit cards on behalf of Bank One (inbound telemarketing), provided information for customer inquiries (customer service), and updated customer records.
- Supply Chain Management: (1998-9) served as Inventory Manager for C&B Snacks, a small distributor of Keebler and Snyder of Berlin snack food in McKean (near Erie), PA. Stocked, sorted, tracked, and received/shipped over 100 varieties of snack products and product lines from multiple vendors. Also tracked performance of all employees associated with shipping the products, mainly truck operators, as a way to track product sales. Also, conducted sales analysis of previous two years.
- Information Management: (1992-6) compiled one of the nation’s largest private medical databases, developed office filing system, and conducted mass mailings and data entry for Axxiom Healthcare Alliance, a medical market research company.
- Community Programs: (2009) Active Member, Jefferson Community Lions Club.
- Community Health: (2009) Active Volunteer, Well Span Health.
- Finance: (2000-1) served as Treasurer of International Student Association at EUP, monitored funds and conducted fundraising. I also organized, oversaw, and implemented a field trip for ten of them to go to Washington DC over Spring Break (2001). I was the only American to ever be elected to any office in the organization’s history.
- Social/Corporate Responsibility: (1991) apprenticed for one month with Radio Reading Service for the Blind, a service of York County Blind Center, now ForSight Vision. Learned all technical aspects of working a radio station plus the unique task required by a reading service such as scheduling volunteer readers in accordance with the program schedule or how to fix a reel of chewed tape and what to tell the listening audience if doesn’t work.