PURCHASING & MARKETING PROFESSIONAL
Foodservice and marketing professional experienced in building, managing, and operating diverse businesses. Expertise in category and supply chain management of all food, beverage, and equipment categories. Proven negotiation skills. High customer service and quality orientation. Trusted leader.
FIRESTAR COMMUNICATIONS IL 8/04 to Present
One of nation’s leading advertising and marketing agencies specializing in residential real estate. In 2005, agency’s clients sold more than $4 billion worth of property.
· Total project management for 4-5 large real estate developers of condominium properties. Ensured that projects are created, designed, approved by client and released to publications (newspapers, magazines, sign companies and printers) on a timely basis.
· Led team for new project in San Francisco, One Rincon Hill. Project opened in June 06 and was 90% sold in the first two weeks.
SOUPER SALAD San Antonio, TX 2002-3/04
Director of Purchasing
Private equity owned restaurant chain with 125 restaurants in 16 states with annual sales of $100M and food purchases of $30M. Responsible for all food purchases and distribution.
· Reduced annual costs by over $500K with key savings due to change of bread and cake supplier and negotiation of new beverage agreement with Coca-Cola and Dr Pepper.
· Sourced supplier for cooked ground beef at 15% lower cost than raw product. This eliminated potential food borne illness attributable to raw ground beef.
· Introduced new policy requiring open bidding when supplier agreements came up for renewal to insure attainment of best price. Bundled suppliers to leverage purchasing power.
· Partnered with Produce Alliance on reducing costs by 10% plus insuring that distributors delivered spec commodities.
LSG/SKY CHEFS Arlington, TX 1995-2001
World’s largest airline caterer with revenues over $2 billion.
Procurement Manager – U.S. 2000-2001
Responsible for profit improvement, vendor selection, and management of $44M in produce purchases.
· Initiated the RFP process in all major markets covering 85% of annual produce purchases. Finalized agreements with new suppliers representing $17M in purchases and $1.3M savings.
· Implemented contract pricing on top commodities resulting in annual savings of $100K.
Procurement Manager – Western U.S. 1998-2000
Responsible for profit improvement, vendor selection, vendor compliance, and timely receipt of food and paper products for 20+ high volume facilities in ten major markets.
· Made vendor selection and negotiated agreements with twenty-five primary distributors for Produce, dairy, and broadline. Resulted in $5M savings on $40M in annual purchases.
· Developed and implemented program for value-added produce with large processor for the San Francisco area facilities. Program resulted in annual savings of $50K.
Program Manager – Pilot Procurement Project 1997-1998
· Selected to spearhead Sky Chefs’ “Pilot Procurement Project.” Established a regional purchasing program to leverage buying power and provide a foundation for implementing a corporate procurement department.
· Negotiated agreements in Florida (one of three test markets) with primary vendors for produce dairy, paper, and broadline, saving $300K or 10%. Based on the success of the project, senior management elected to establish a corporate procurement department.
Program Manager – Food Cost 1995-1997
After purchasing Caterair in 1995, Sky Chefs implemented an initiative to lower food costs through achieving efficiencies in purchasing, logistics, operations, and inventory control.
· Team leader for development and roll out of “Best Practices Manual for Food Cost”, a guideline for purchasing, receiving, storage, and production controls.
CATERAIR INTERNATIONAL/MARRIOTT IN-FLITE 1988-1995
Marriott In-Flite sold their catering business to Caterair in 1989.
Senior Buyer Salt Lake City, UT 1993-1995
· Purchased $5-6M of all food categories and supplies. Annual sales were $18M.
· Reduced food cost from 42% to 40% of sales.
Operations Supply Manager Phoenix, AZ. 1988-1993
Opened a new in-flight kitchen for six airlines with annual purchases of $5M per year on
sales of $15M. Supervised and trained a staff of fifteen people.
MARRIOTT IN-FLITE SERVICES Ops Supply Manager, Los Angeles 1986-1988
HOST INTERNATIONAL Commissary Manager, Detroit, MI 1985-1986
DOBBS INTERNATIONAL SERVICES General Manager, Louisville, KY & Raleigh, NC 1981-1985
MARRIOTT IN-FLITE SERVICES Ops Supply Manager, Tampa, FL 1979-1981
MARRIOTT IN-FLITE SERVICES Regional Operations Controller, Miami, FL 1977-1979
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
B.A., Hospitality Management
Produce Marketing Association, PMA, Academy Instructor
Treasurer, Park Millennium Condominium Association