· Over twenty years experience in the hospitality industry including hotel/motel management, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Food/Beverage control, public and employee relations, and maintenance of properties.
· Highly adaptable, effective training and motivational skills. Excellence in Customer Service.
· Developed, designed, and delegated employee work load to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve optimum personnel productivity
· Excellent communication, problem-solving and customer service skills
· Fluent in English, Spanish, German, and Italian, both verbal and written.
LAGUNA ECO INN RESORT, Laguna Beach CA 2002-2009
· Supervised staff; sales and marketing, F&B, Housekeeping Maintenance, and Public and Employee relations
· Managed administration, P&L, and Yield Management
· Exhibited exceptional interpersonal and motivational skills and the ability to foster high morale and effective professional teamwork
· Responsibilities included increasing occupancy and room revenue
· Increased revenues in 8th year by 200%
· Was able to effectively cut costs of operations by 38%
Front Desk Manager/Reservations Manager/Sales -Director
· Managed Front Desk, Guest Relations, Guest complaints
· Oversaw employee training
· Effectively organized Schedule, Reservations, Groups, and Corporate Travel.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Hotel & Restaurant Management (CHA)
Professional Certification Diploma
Stratford Careers Institute; Washington, DC
Hospitality Management Development
Professional Diploma; Hotel Motel Administrator
Days Inn Training Center; Knoxville, Tennessee
Certification, Technical Transportation Local and International
Kaufmaennisches Lehrinstitut; Stuttgart, Germany
Advanced Costing CTC/1
Certification, Passenger and Freight Handling, Costing, Air Traffic Control Certification
British Airways Training Center; London, United Kingdom
Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration, Accounting and Economics
AWARDS & MEMBERSHIPS:
U.S. LOCAL BUSINESS ASSOCIATION
Best Hotel of Laguna Beach Award 2008
ACP MANAGEMENNT COMPANY
General Manager of the Year 1998
DAYS INN CORPORATION
Most Improved Quality Assurance in the Western Region 1994
HOWARD JOHNSON PLAZA HOTEL
Employee of the Year 1985
LAGUNA BEACH VISITORS & CONFERENCE BUREAU
Member of the Board of Directors
CAPRI LAGUNA INN RESORT, Laguna Beach, CA
THUNDERCLOUD RESORT, Big Bear Lake, CA 1997-2002
General Manager/Director of Operations
· Supervised Operations & Administration of two resorts including budgeting, yield management, front and back of the house, housekeeping, and maintenance.
· Oversaw F & B, control of P&L, public and employee relations and marketing and sales
· Increased occupancy by 31% and increased revenue by 48%
· Reinstated AAA rating to Three Diamonds in four months time
· Manager of the Year in 1998
COUNTRY INN & SUITES, San Antonio TX 1994-1997
· Facilitated opening new facility which included assembling a first class team to operate a new property.
· Managed Hotel Operations, Marketing, Sales, Front and Back of the House, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Guest Services, Employee Scheduling, and Training.
DAYS INN RIVER/WALK, San Antonio TX
DOWNTOWNER MOTEL, San Antonio TX 1988-1994
· Managed both hotel operations including Marketing, Sales, Front and Back of the House, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Guest Services, Employee Scheduling, and Training.
· In 1993 was able to get Days Inn property qualified for 450 Club membership
· Achieved Recognition for Sunburst Award for Quality
· Accomplished Most Improved Quality Assurance in 1994
HOWARD JOHNSON PLAZA HOTEL, San Antonio, TX 1983-1988