C: • attridgesj@AOL.com
· Excellent record of quickly troubleshooting and repairing power outages and completing trouble jobs in all weather conditions for a major electrical utility.
· Proven ability to work safely on above ground and underground residential, commercial and industrial lines ranging from 110 volts to 115,000 volts.
· Skilled at training/mentoring linemen in on-site tasks, equipment usage, and personal safety procedures.
· Strong experience working with internal and external customers.
Rochester Gas & Electric (RG&E) – Rochester, NY
Lead Troubleman 1999-2009
· Responsible for the safe, quick completion all trouble jobs and outages in all weather conditions and all shifts. Used specialized diagnostic equipment and tools to complete on site repairs. Completed all requisitions for capital equipment, and paperwork for trouble and claim reports.
· Maintained overhead and underground residential, commercial and industrial lines ranging from 110 volts to 115,000 volts. Worked in underground vaults, substations, and generation stations.
· Interfaced with customers and advised customers on repair to their equipment. Responded to field requests for new service, disconnects, and emergency calls from other municipal agency calls.
· Mentored junior trouble men, worked with foremen, and interacted with all major RG&E departments.
Subject Expert and Trainer 1997-1999
· Primary instructor for a college-accredited RG&E lineman course that ensured new employees knew how to climb poles, use ladders, identify/use equipment, operate trucks/trailers/tracked vehicles, build overhead lines, and properly use personal protective equipment.
· Taught all safety rules, procedures, and operating rules of specific departments. Evaluated physical performance and knowledge and made recommendations to supervisors.
· Acted as counselor and mediator to resolve conflicts. Counseled employees on job opportunities. .
Lead Lineman 1987-1997
· Supervised a truck and crew, processed payroll and claims documents, requisitioned materials, interpreted engineering drawings, and completed jobs to industry standards while ensuring safe conditions when foreman absent.
· Completed inspections and maintenance projects in the steam generators for the Ginna Nuclear plant during annual shutdowns.
· Mentored and trained junior linemen to improve on-site practical application of skills. Representative on the Divisional Safety Committee responsible for resolving safety issues.
Farm and Residential Electric, Marion, NY 1982-1997 (Owner) Electric Contractor
Installed and repaired electric equipment for farms and homeowners. Completed jobs in compliance with the National Electric Code, local codes and electric utility requirements. Worked with other contractors on large projects.
Humane Society of Wayne County, Lyons, NY
Member, Board of Directors 1993-1996
· Helped direct and initiate improvements to buildings and grounds. Improved treatment, exercise and health of domestic animals in short-term care.
Genesee Valley Kennel Club, Rochester, NY
Member, Board of Directors 1989-2002
· Planned and conducted annual dog shows.
Local 36 IBEW (RG&E), Rochester, NY
Elected Member, Executive Board 2003-2009
US Army Reserves, 359th Signal Brigade, Webster, NY 1976-1993
· E-8, First Sergeant responsible for the training, readiness, and health/welfare for Brigade level enlisted soldiers (1991-1993).
· E-7, Instructor, responsible for teaching non-commissioned officers leadership series (1989-1990).
· E-7, Career counselor (1988-1989).
· Honorable Discharge.
US Army, Presidio, San Francisco, CA 1968-1970 (Drafted)
· E-4 Specialist, Military Police, riot control.
· Honorable Discharge.
STEPHEN J. ATTRIDGE