Driven and focused healthcare executive with expertise in proactively managing multi-state operations and forging business growth in a demanding industry. Builds positive business relationships to ensure quality and cost effective operations. Communicates effectively with staff and instills motivation and improves performance from all levels. Eliminates ineffective policies and solves issues to ensure long term organizational success.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Operations Management · Multi-Site Leadership Experience · Healthcare Facility Management
Proactive Leadership · Efficiency Improvements · Policy & Procedure Development
P&L Responsibility · Clinical Staff Training Programs · Cost Analysis · Team Building
Inventory Management · Cost Avoidance · Budget Analysis & Management
Cross Functional Team Leadership · Continuous Process Improvement
Complete Asset and Inventory Management Responsibility
OMNICARE, INC · 1996-2009
Leading provider of pharmaceuticals, respiratory products and services, medical supplies and Clinical Research Organization (CRO) business.
Oversaw up to 21 locations throughout US. Directed and managed personnel involved in all aspects of business. Ensured all company objectives were met and developed policies and procedures to support business directives in long term care (LTC) facilities, rehab hospitals and home care operations. Drove efficiency and cost controls to improve profit margins. Negotiated with all vendors to ensure quality products and standardize site services and products. Served as responsible party for licensure and state and national regulatory compliance including JCAHO, DOT, FDA and state health boards. Reviewed and analyzed financial, productivity and operational reports and presented analysis routinely to Regional Vice President.
Business Development & Reorganization
· Spearheaded total reorganization and rebuilding of Colorado locations previously losing $70K per month and drove revenues increase to $350K per month in 10 months – completely replaced staff, implemented Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), identified and contracted new vendors and regained customer trust.
· Led start-up development and operations in Wisconsin, Nebraska and California – all profitable within their 1st year.
· Designed and implemented performance standards throughout locations and proactively developed relationships with all locations to promote successful operations and motivation.
· Increased revenues by 300% by increasing customer base directives to target corporate groups vs. individual locations and through utilizing cross selling between other company divisions.
· Grew overall revenue responsibility from $1.2M to $19.2M during tenure.
· Slashed operating expenses by $150K per state.
· Decreased overtime in Texas by 50% due to improved tracking systems – resulted in annual savings of $37K.
· Reduced average Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) from 120 days to 59 days.
COOK CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL, Fort Worth, Texas · 1994-1996
Performed respiratory therapy duties and served as rotating night shif t supervisor in pediatric and neonatal ICU.
Associate of Science in Respiratory Therapy
St. Louis Community College at Forest Park, St. Louis, Missouri