Summary of Qualifications
· Certified combination welder with 15+ years experience.
· Self-motivated, efficient and safety conscious.
· Profound knowledge of welding theory and principles.
· Exceptional knowledge of welding tools and welding codes.
· Great skills in drill press, punch press, shear and threading machines.
Warehouse team leader -Special Events Management Company, Chicago, IL. 07/09-10/09
· Loaded and unloaded equipment.
· Escorted patrons in appropriate sections.
Welder-Hope Fencing Company, Chicago, IL. 06/08-11/08
· Repaired broken or cracked parts, filled holes and increased size of metal parts, using welding equipment.
· Welded in flat, horizontal, vertical or overhead position.
· Set-up and operated acetylene or electric arc welding.
· Cleaned and degreased parts, using wire brushes, portable grinder, or chemical bath.
Collections specialist-CB Accounts, Peoria, IL. 04/01-06/03
· Managed and negotiated payments on delinquent medical accounts.
· Reviewed and analyzed problem accounts.
Welder-O’Brien Steel Company, Peoria, IL. 09/99-12/01
· Manufactured electrical towers for Rohn Industries.
· Chipped or grinded off excess weld, slag, or splatter, using hand scraper or power chipper or arc-cutting equipment.
· Positioned work pieces and clamps together or assembled in jigs and fixtures.
· Sharpened and tempered tools.
Welder- Vapor Corporation, Niles, IL. 05/97-06/99
· Manufactured steam boilers for heavy equipment water craft.
· Operated acetylene or electric arc welding equipment to heat and shape metals.
· Cut and fitted materials for weld.
· Welded metal parts, pipelines, machinery, equipment, and other metal items.
Welder-Welding Apparatus Company, Chicago, IL. 09/95-06/97
· Manufactured custom exhaust systems for speed boats and cars.
· Welded automotive and related equipment.
· Preheated work piece, using hand torch or heating furnace.
· Ignited torch, started power and struck arc.
· Reviewed layouts, blueprints, diagrams and work orders in preparation for welding or cutting metal components.
Welder-Chicago Metal Fabricators, Chicago, IL. 10/94-09/95
· Carried out welding work during construction of rail car covers.
· Performed minor welding duties during manufacturing.
Grand Rapids Vocational Technology, Grand Rapids, Mi.
Certification- Combination Welder, 09/89
References available upon request