Exceptional Business Intelligence Consultant – Information Technology
|Strategic BI Alignment
BI Readiness Assessment and Roadmap
Data Leadership Development
Data Quality Assessment
Kimball and Inmon DW Methodology
OLTP and OLAP Data Architecture
Microsoft Technology Expertise
|BI Thought Leadership
Data Warehouse Lifecycle (DWLC)
Business and Reporting Analysis
Data Analysis / Data Profiling
Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
“Providing strategic business intelligence leadership and consulting to promote professional competence, accountability, profitability and long-term sustainability in progressive organizations.”
|Business Intelligence Practice Manager|
· Generated roughly $20 million BI opportunity pipeline within 2 months.
· Established strategic partnership with IBM Cognos to increase revenues by 25 percent.
· Positioned firm to win $1.5 million Statement of Work with an existing client.
· Implemented successfully a SQL Server / Business Objects solution for client resulting in elimination of duplicate data entry and immediate increase in productivity.
|Sierra Systems, Inc||
2006 – 2009
· Spearheaded full DWLC enhancement project to facilitate an agency’s GMAP reporting, customer identification and profiling requirements.
· Re-engineered a SQL Server ETL solution to load legacy mainframe data into an agency’s data warehouse (DW) within four hours resulting in approximately 66% performance improvement.
· Empowered Business Objects BI users to accurately research, analyze, and report State revenues resulting in lowered legacy reporting costs and increased user productivity.
· Led technical analysis and design to integrate additional functionality into an existing DB2 custom application resulting in SDLC savings over $100K.
· Improved application performance and user experience by implementing best practices MS SQL Server query tuning and optimization for government agencies.
· Enhanced technical and business user communication by revising and standardizing Solution Requirements Specification (SRS) and Use Case documentation.
|Logicalis, Inc / Russell Investments||
2004 – 2006
· Engineered SQL Server ETL solution to systematically migrate and load over 170 Sybase tables to a Windows clustered environment while maintaining optimal scalability, performance, and supportability.
· Deployed a high-availability, zero fault-tolerance SQL Server solution to refresh the core enterprise database – replacing a $150K+ SAN solution.
· Seamlessly engineered an automated ETL process to migrate and consolidate over 150 enterprise databases to three Windows / SQL Server clusters with only a 5 second interruption to business users.
· Developed automated documentation solution to traverse all SQL Server production ETL processes resulting in 40 hours FTE allocation savings.
|Database Engineer Lead / Manager|
|Disney Internet Group (WDIG) / Starwave (a Paul Allen Co.)||
1999 – 2004
· Managed four database engineers for centralized SDLC development of all OLTP databases for several Disney affiliates.
· Spearheaded full DWLC deployment of a new corporate SQL Server data warehouse to contain terabytes of eCommerce, order and campaign management, survey, and finance key performance metrics (KPI) for Business Objects reporting and analysis.
· Engineered the SQL Server ETL DW solution to load approximately 2 – 3 gigabytes per day within 5.5 hours.
|System Analyst / Computer Support Analyst|
|Washington State University||
1993 – 1999
· Successfully improved performance, data accuracy, and user interaction of Human Resource applications with database enhancements and implementation.
· Boost productivity and availability by deploying regularly scheduled network, hardware, and software upgrades and maintenance.
Education & Training
MBA, Washington State University
BA Management Information Systems, Washington State University
Microsoft SQL 2005 BI Training, Symphic Technology