To utilize skills and knowledge gained through coursework at Northeast Technical Institute to obtain an entry level medical transcription position that will allow me the opportunity to demonstrate my computer, organizational, and problem solving skills; as well as allow me the opportunity to broaden my knowledge and learn new aspects of the medical transcription field.
· Typing at 60+ wpm
· Thorough knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and the various medical specialties as required in areas of responsibility.
· Thorough knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and practices, and the ability to use designated reverence materials.
· Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word 2003 and 2007, Windows XP, and the Internet (including strong research skills using the internet; and search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and MSN.
· Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) necessary to perform the essential functions of the position (including but not limited to English usage, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure).
· Ability to work and communicate in a positive and cooperative manner with supervisory staff, co-workers, and other personnel when providing information and services, seeking assistance and clarification, and resolving problems.
· Excellent eye, hand, and auditory coordination necessary to perform the essential functions for the position, as well as strong physical ability and stamina to perform the essential functions of the position.
Page 1 of 2
Northeast Technical Institute Scarborough, ME 04074 1/2009-9/2009
Mary Houle, Registrar (207) 883-5130 Fax: (207) 883-6048
Medical Transcription II (AAMT Approved Course)
· Transcribe and edit recorded or written material, including patient history and examinations, operative reports, radiology reports, pathology reports, discharge summaries, death summaries, autopsy reports, and request for consultations
Courses Taken: ________________________________________________
· Professional Development for Allied Health
· Confidentiality of Health Information
· Medical Terminology
· Anatomy and Physiology I & II
· Pharmacology for Health Occupations
· Beginning and Advanced Medical Transcription
· The Microcomputer and Its Applications
Specialties Transcribed (In Medical Transcription Course)_______________
· Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Neurology, OB/GYN, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Pathology, Pediatrics, Physical Examination, Psychiatry, Radiology, and Surgery.
· Medical Transcription II 9/2009
· NHA Medical Transcription 11/2009
· Hebert Construction Lewiston, ME 6/2007-2008
· Sabre Yachts South Casco, ME 4/2005-2/2007
· RHB Building and Remodeling Arlington, MA 7/1998-3/2005
Carpenter, Sub Contractor
Page 2 of 2