Seeking a position in shipping and receivingSkills
· Verified and kept records on incoming and outgoing shipments
· Counted, weighed and measured items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records.
· Determined method of shipment utilized knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
· Affixed shipping labels on packed cartons.
· Assembled wooden and cardboard containers and selected preassembled containers.
· Inserted items into containers, using spacers, fillers and protective padding.
· Nailed covers on wooden crates and bound containers with metal tape, using strapping machine.
· Unpacked and examined incoming shipments rejected damaged items, recorded shortages.
· Routed items to departments.
· Examined outgoing shipments to ensure shipments met specifications.
· Operated tier-lift truck and used hand truck to move, convey, and hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage and work area.
· Directed others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
· Self motivated and assertive.
· Quickly learn procedures and methods.
· Friendly can get along well with others.
· Committed to assisting others.
Carrier April 2000 to presentCharlotte Observer
Carrier Charlotte, NC 28026 February 2007 to March 2008Education
Greenville High School Greenville, Mississippi Graduated 1995
Academic Diploma References
Available upon requests