Workflow Planning & Prioritization · Financial Management
Customer Service & Client Relations · Team Facilitation · Employee Coaching
· Oversaw a volume of $16.0M, managed up to 125 associates, and directed operations and merchandising of seven stores throughout Maine.
· Opened a site with 58,000 square-feet of sales space, while training associates in merchandising and operational principles as well as directing sales that ranked tenth and profit positioning sixth of 327 corporate locations.
· Re-established operational standards of an under-performing store that lowered shrink 50%, lessened turnover 65%, and attained sales increases of 9.2%.
· Achieved corporate financial goals through expense management and shrink control resulting in the net bottom-line profit exceeding 16% and a consistent shrink performance of 1%
· Served as a District Manager directing one of four commercial strategies in the 27 locations in the state of Maine.
· Received recognition as the manager of regional training store for external and internal managerial candidates.
· Oversaw annual operating budgets
· Reviewed monthly sales and maintained proper inventory levels.
· Utilized merchandising techniques and systems to maximize store sales and profit.
· Trained store managers and associates; coached employees.
Store Manager BIGLOTS 2004-2008
Independent Liquidation Consultant NASSI GROUP 2002-2004
Store Manager AMES DEPARTMENT STORES 1974-2002
Bachelor of History, Minor in Business
University of Maine