DEBRA F. MCGRATH
Accomplished professional with over 10 years experience in event coordination, multimedia, corporate graphic design, e-marketing and executive assistance working in the United States, United Kingdom and Australia for multinational companies in the business consulting industry. Exceptional organization skills with ability to multi-task and rapidly react to deliver projects on time.
Meeting & travel logistics
Organized and business focused
Technical & stage management
Well developed written & oral communication
Strong client and C-level relations
Extensive knowledge of travel
Thrives under pressure
Ability to prioritize and work independently
Excellent attention to detail
Marketing and Graphics Coordinator, Management Consulting Group PLC, Chicago IL
Sep 2006 – Feb 2009
Collaborated with team headquartered in London to successfully deliver print and electronic design projects to clients based in the UK and the US on time and within budget. These projects included marketing collateral, brochures, sales presentations, proposals, micro sites, and flash banners. Provided expert advice to clients on creative options, formats, production processes, timelines, and costs. Administrated and updated four websites using back-end CMS systems and HTML source code. Uploaded company documentation to intranet for global employee access.
- Provided presentation support to the President, Practice Director, Marketing and Training departments.
- Provided proposal layout and design assistance to Sales Executives for million-dollar proposals under tight deadlines that resulted in client meetings.
- Managed vendors on design and print production of direct mail campaigns, ensuring projects met expectations and requirements.
- Established relationships and negotiated rates with new printing firms that led to an annual saving of approximately USD $30,000.
- Created target client lists from internal client database and successfully executed e-marketing campaigns. Participated in technical set up and running of client facing webinars that attracted an average audience of 25.
- Led efforts to produce an online booking system that was accessible to global staff. Design projects were delivered within client deadlines by providing a cross-Atlantic 18 hr support function with the London team.
Executive Assistant, Ernst & Young, Melbourne, Australia
Aug 2005 – Aug 2006
Provided executive assistance to a partner and team of six professionals in the EGM Tax division. Handled all aspects of administrative matters including preparing legal client documentation for tax processing, set up new client engagements which involved gathering of highly confidential information, filing documents, and performing data entry functions. Streamlined administrative processes and enhanced operational efficiency using spreadsheets and maintained client databases.
- Arranged international travel logistics and hotel accommodations for conferences.
- Demonstrated well-developed written and verbal communication skills and the ability to problem solve in a fast paced environment professionally and politely.
- Built and maintained excellent client relations with both external and internal executive-level clients.
- Executed meeting planning and calendar management, email, and phone call screening effectively.
- Processed expense reports accurately and on time.
- Prepared presentation and proposal documentation accurately and within tight deadlines.
- Coordinated client hospitality events that met expectations, including selecting appropriate entertainment ideas and venues, managing budgets, and negotiating costs.
Head of Graphics, Management Consulting Group PLC, London, UK
Jun 2001 – May 2005
Provided leadership and direction to a team of four graphics professionals at head office of a global consulting firm. Managed and prioritized workflow in a highly deadline driven environment. Ensured projects were completed within corporate brand guidelines and maintained a high degree of quality and accuracy in various European languages. Motivated and encouraged the team by identifying growth opportunities, setting goals, coaching, and providing training. Produced marketing materials, sales presentations, proposals, and stationery for the Group. Provided estimates, quotes, and advised clients on design and print techniques. Negotiated costs with vendors, this included print, binding and finishing, distribution, audio/visual, and hotels. Reviewed departmental equipment and training, successfully justified capital expenditure on an annual basis.
- Established corporate guidelines for major re-branding of the Group and three subsidiaries that had 30 offices and 2,500 staff worldwide.
- Planned and organized company meeting and travel logistics for 300 staff in Europe within a set budget, managed presentations and technical logistics on the day.
- Provided presentation support to the CEO.
- Produced Group’s confidential annual and mid-year accounting reports accurately and on time.
- Processed weekly timesheets and produced quarterly and annual departmental workflow reports for the Global Marketing Director within deadlines.
Multimedia Events Coordinator, Cap Gemini, London, UK
Mar 1994 – May 2001
Coordinated technical logistics and stage-managed client and internal events. Created visual concepts to match event themes, and developed multimedia presentations for executives. Prior to this role, managed design projects from initial concept to printed copy, these included marketing brochures, newsletters, advertisements, invitations, client presentations, and wall charts.
- Projects were completed within budget.
- Demonstrated professionalism and etiquette liaising with elite C-level guest speakers and client audiences.
- Promoted to Multimedia Events Coordinator by initiating new technologies for C-level client audiences that dramatically improved the company’s corporate image at client events.
Desk Top Publishing Supervisor, Imediaprint Ltd, London, UK, 1991 – 1994
Executive Assistant, Alliance International, London, UK, 1989 – 1991
Mac OSX, Windows XP
MS Office Suite certified (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook), Adobe CS3 (In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, Acrobat 8 Prof.), QuarkXpress 7.0, Lotus Notes, HTML, GoTo Meeting, i-contact, Maximizer, SharePoint 2007, CMS systems, Internet and Intranet maintenance.
Education & Credentials
Bachelor of Sound Engineering (City & Guilds Sound Engineering Parts I & II)
City of Westminster, London, UK
Introductory to MIDI, City of Westminster, London, UK
Video Production, Birkbeck College, London, UK
D.M. Edward Travel Training (IATA-Approved), Melbourne, Australia