1094 Joselson Avenue
Bay Shore, New York 11706
631-667-7582 (H) 631-220-2989 (C)
10/05-9/09 J. J. Nazzaro Associates NY
1/05-6/09 Liquid Siding Inc. (Seasonal) Deer Park, NY
Executive Personal Assistant
Support day-to-day activities of the company. Handle a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving clerical and administrative functions of the office. Including, but not limited to: heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants as well as consultants, residents both residential and commercial. Coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings between owners and town officials.
Answer phones and direct all incoming calls to appropriate party. Promptly and efficiently communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the Partners. Assist with preparation of presentation materials. Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents; prepare background documents and outgoing mail as necessary.
Serve as a contact to people inside and outside the company. Collaborate with various departments in preparing special projects. Plan and schedule meetings and appointments, typing correspondence, organize and maintain paper and electronic files, manage projects, conduct research, and provide information by using the telephone, postal mail, using Microsoft Office. Manage residential and commercial tenants using property management software (Libra).
Uses a variety of office equipment, such as facsimile machines, photocopiers, and telephone systems uses personal computers to create spreadsheets, compose correspondence, reports, and documents by using desktop publishing software.
3/01 -1/05 Hempstead Village Housing Associates Hempstead, New York
2/96 – 8/99 Metropolitan Property Services Briarwood, New York
4/94 – 2/96 Real Property Services Corporation Brooklyn, New York
Hempstead Village Housing Associates: Management of 128 federally subsidized units and a staff of 6.
Metropolitan Property Services: 700+ Rent stabilized/Rent controlled units and 6 commercial properties in Brooklyn, Bronx and Staten Island with a staff of 25 employees.
Real Property Services Corp: 160 federally subsidized units, 3 commercial properties, and a staff of 10 employees.
· Coordinated and evaluated all personnel solicited and supervised all contracted labor, which included interviewing, hiring, and training staff. Facilitated all phases of departmental planning, scheduling, program coordination and supervision of staff and property.
· Marketed and processed all applications, rents, leases and any additional documents pertaining to leases.
· Ensured that property passed all annual REAC (Real Estate Assessment) Inspections.
· Assisted attorneys for all landlord and tenant proceedings pertaining to above properties, regarding non-payment issues, holdovers and evictions.
· Inspected property continually for leaseholder and landlord improvements within budgetary guidelines.
· Facilitated all bookkeeping functions involving current and delinquent rents and purchase orders pertaining to property improvements and repairs. Liaison between DHCR, HPD, ECB, Fair Housing, NAACP and other Village, State, Federal and Social Services agencies with regard to prospective residents.
· Processed all subsidy and voucher payments through the use of the following property management software: CAMS, HUD Manager, Rent Roll, PMAS, HUD TRACS & HUD TASS systems.
· Acted as Resident Services Coordinator for seniors, adults and children, planned all activities, trips and acted as liaison between social service agencies, seniors and disabled adults.
· Solicited funds for property improvements, e.g.: HUD, Management Improvement and Operating Plans (MIO’s), Con Ed, Energy Conservation programs, HUD (NOFA) Drug Elimination Grants, DEP, and Toilet Rebate programs, as well as solicitation of vendors for major construction projects.
8/88-4/94 Grenadier Realty Corporation Brooklyn, New York
Responsibilities included: Managed the day to day operations of a 5,881 multi-subsidized housing development, in all areas, Sect. 8, R.A.P., 236, and Fair market. Involved in the marketing, selling, and rental of “The Landings” in Brooklyn, “Northtown” Phases 1 & 2, on Roosevelt Island. “Cove Village” 2 family homes in Brooklyn.
1/93 – 4/94 Gateway Credit Brooklyn, New York
Responsibilities included: Obtaining credit reports i.e.; TRW, Equifax Trans Union and scheduling home visits on all prospective applicants for residency on all of Grenadier Realty managed properties.
New York State Real Estate Salesperson
NATIONAL CENTER FOR HOUSING MANAGEMENT:
Certified Occupancy Specialist
Certified Manager of Housing
Certified Manager of Maintenance
Employment Related Education
Housing & Urban Development 4350.3 Update
Quadel Consulting- Affirmative Fair Housing Seminar
Natsem Seminars- Workplace Safety & OSHA Compliance
Spectrum Seminars – Fair Housing Law and Section 504
Realpage- Rentroll & HUD Manager Training
Property Management Accounting Software- (PMAS) Training
Southshore Adult Education – 1990 Microsoft Office/Word/Excel
Kingsborough Community College – 1980 R.E. Salesperson License
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook as well as Intuit QuickBooks.