Dedicated Registered Nurse with 11 years of nursing experience. Team leader that is able to create a positive working environment that uplifts patient and staff spirits. Flexible, quick learner who adapts easily to new situations and enjoy new challenges. Self-motivated professional with a commitment to providing quality nursing care. Strong organizational and communication skills.
St. Francis Hospital
Registered Nurse 2001-present
Educate patients and their families on disease processes, medical-surgical procedures and other aspects of therapeutic regimens, including medication and pain management techniques.
Implement patient care plan, in conjunction with patient and family, to assist them in achieving optimal resolution of needs/problems.
Helps train and mentor other staff members
Acts as a patient advocate, assesses patient condition and notifies physician of any changes.
AED training/certified, CPR certified, TB certified, ACLS certified
Knowledge of Computers, Microsoft Windows, Internet, Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills, Self-Starter.
· Volunteered 160 hrs at V.A. Hospital. In addition, attained Most Outstanding Youth Volunteer Scholarship (2000).
· Indiana Advance grant from St. Francis
· Started out as a C.N.A., advanced to Q.M.A., NASI, NASII, and NASIII, Cardiac Tech, R.N.
· Employee awards for dedication, excellent performance, and patient advocacy.
· Chosen to attend Eden Alternative (E.A.) philosophy training by Director of Nursing. Trained others in this to help University Heights transform into E.A. facility (1999).
Bachelor of Science In Nursing
IUPUI – Indianapolis, IN · Dec. 2005
Franklin Central High School – Indianapolis, IN · 2001
Qualified Medical Assistant
Central Nine – Greenwood, IN · 2001