Inventory Control Manager / Petroleum Supply Technician / Shipping Supervisor
Certified Hazmat Technician in bulk petroleum and petroleum coke testing, with four years experience in the refineries. Acknowledged for outstanding customer service and problem solving skills and the ability to facilitate and negotiate conflicts. Possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees. Dedicated to achieving company goals and objectives and being a reliable team player, meeting timelines and being customer-service focused and detail oriented.
Burnett Staffing- Texas 2008- Present
· Work as a general contractor in shipping and receiving.
· Test oil and fuels for pollutants. Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on terminals.
· Post customer invoices for goods and services. Utilize skills with SAP, MS Office and other software programs.
U.S. Army – Fort Lee, Virginia 2006-2008
92F Petroleum Supply Specialist
· Supervised and monitored performance of personnel at work area.
· Tested oil and fuels for pollutants.
· Operated aircraft refueling systems and equipment, as well as pumps, pipelines and tanker equipment.
· Received, stored, transferred and issued fuel through pipelines at main-line or terminal station.
· Received fuel by tanker.
· Enforced safety regulations and procedures for handling dangerous materials.
· Shipped fuel for pipelines, tank cars, tank trucks and barges.
· Prepared and checked receiving of ships’ manifest .
· Connected lines, grounding wires, loading and off loading of arms or hoses to pipelines.
· Inspected samples of fuel and checked gravity and flashpoint.
· Gauged tank for water, temperature and fuel levels.
· Performed preventive maintenance and repairs on terminal systems.
· Documented safety training received by personnel for tasks, equipment, machinery, and tools that are required for personnel to operate.
· Provided required PPE in accordance with OSHA requirements.
· Performed other duties and assignments as required.
SGS Petroleum Services – Baton Rouge, Louisiana 2005-2006
· Worked as Engineer and Assistant Lead man in the training and development of crews for railcar shipping.
· Performed inspection of railcars and tracks for safety compliance of locomotives before operating.
· Supervised inbound and outbound shipment of railcars to other facilities.
· Maintained company safety logs for performance inspections of ramps and other equipment .
U.S. Army – Conroe, Texas 2000-2005
· Established and maintained stock records and other documents.
BYRON K. MILLER
· Maintained the Production Schedule data accuracy for due dates and turn ins.
· Scheduled Program Lead direction, released materials for production and fabrication, including Purchase Order Requests, internal Work Orders and outsourcing and tracking of same.
· Performed tasks associated with shipping and receiving, i.e., issued supplies, equipment and materials, maintained supply reports and material control reports and pick-ups for all companies.
· Coordinated shipments and verified accuracy of sales orders.
· Arranged for in-plant transfer of material to meet production schedules.
· Coordinated inter-departmental efforts to ensure conformance with program schedules and timely completion.
· Maintained parts databases, requisitioned materials and established delivery sequence to departments according to job order priorities and anticipated availability of materials.
City of Houston Health & Human Services 1995-2002
· Performed shipping and receiving operation and quality control for city and county health clinics.
· Performed specimen control processing and coordinated incoming and outgoing supplies as requisitioned by the health clinics. Performed other duties assigned by lab chief.
Crowley & Waltman L.L.P. Bryan, Texas 1988-1995
· Investigated auto accidents and personal injury related matters. Interviewed clients.
· Filed pleading with District Clerk’s office. Performed other duties assigned by attorneys.
U.S. Army – Fort Campbell, Kentucky 1982-1985
92Y_Unit Supply Specialist
· Performed quality inspections of incoming goods.
· Performed vehicle inspections in transportation motor pool.
· Coordinated shipments and documentation of inbound and outbound materials for each platoon’s tools and other equipment.
· Maintained all incoming supply records for each squad and platoon.
Reciprocal Courses, including Basic Plus, Confined Space and General Safety
National Education Center – Texas 1987-1988
Certified Medical Assistant
Texas Southern University – Texas 1986-1988
Major: History Minor: General Business
James A. Madison Senior High School 1979-1982
SAP, SARRS, ULLS-G, AWRDS, SDS, PBUSE and SAMS.
Forklift Operator, Back-Hoe Operator,
Cherry Picker Operator and Locomotive Operator.