CONTECH CONSTRUCTION PRODUCTS INC. Overland Park, KS 2004-2009
Customer Service Supervisor (2004-2008)
· Developed a cohesive, knowledgeable team of Customer Service Representatives by training them in the areas of product knowledge, software usage, construction plan evaluation, estimating/quoting of projects, and standard office procedures
· Acquired multiple new business accounts while serving on a test program as an inside sales representative
· Only individual to support and sell in all of our Region States while creating customer satisfaction with quick responsiveness
· Developed incentive projects for Customer Service Team to encourage productivity during slower months of the year.
Customer Service Representative (2009)
· Maintained excellent level of customer satisfaction while taking on more work load as employee base continued to be depleted; as a result was the “go to” person for customer base as well as the customer service team.
· Trained new employees as they were hired and continued to be the coach for the Customer Service Team while doing back up work for the Customer Service Manager.
PITNEY BOWES MANAGEMENT SERVICES, Overland Park, KS 2002-2003
Customer Service Manager (2002-2003)
Recruited, trained, evaluated 20 support employees at customer sites in areas of document imaging, administrative support, reception, mailroom, human resources, records management and shipping and receiving. Developed employees by coaching and setting goals to be achieved; implemented skills assessment tests to evaluate training needs; worked with each employee to develop a plan of action for further training. Maintained site budget to insure profitability of the operation.
· Increased customer service levels 5% by introducing streamlined systems, creating productivity tracking reports and improving department procedures while reducing error ratio by 10%.
· Improved communication channels internally and externally by reorganizing mailroom layout and delivery sequences.
· Opened up needed real estate by reducing physical storage space of history documents with implementation of document scanning and electronic storage/retrieval procedures
DODSON GROUP, Kansas City, MO 2001-2002
Managed and evaluated 10 sales support employees with the responsibilities of convention planning, promotion, customer lead, administrative, agency licensing and advertising coordination. Compiled and managed departmental budgets; prepared operational strategies
· Reduced departmental payroll 50% by evaluation of each position, realigning responsibilities and determining process enhancements to support business needs while improving work flow and increasing customer satisfaction.
· Improved retrieval factor of documents by 65% by implementing new document filing and archiving system
· Reduced convention and promotion costs 50% by implementing tracking procedures of booth equipment, negotiating shipping fees, and evaluating ROI of shows attended.
· Reduced overall company budget of cell phone and land line equipment by $15,000 annually by heading up a focus team to evaluate providers, programs and equipment required by the sales team
· Coordinated departmental move twice within 3 months while maintaining same level of customer service.
Supervisor Training, American Management Association
Total Quality Management, Insurance Institute of America
Notory Public, Johnson County, KS
Workers Compensation Insurance Company
Manager, Sales Administration (2001-2002)
Provides people, processes, technology and facilities for customer communication (mail room processes), records and information management, and litigation and document services.
As the beginning stages of flattening the company began, the supervisor’s position held was eliminated. Responsibilites of managing employees were eliminated while the scope of the job remained the same except the amount of business supported was $23MM.
Hired, managed, and trained a team of 7 customer service representatives (both locally and remotely) while supporting 3 – 4 Sales Engineers in growing their books of business totaling approximately $15MM. Prepared construction material quotes and estimates to compete in the individual markets while ensuring profitable margins to acquire new business.
Manufacturer and distributor of cost-effective solutions to the bridge, drainage, earth stabilization and stormwater markets throughout the contingent 50 states.