David G, Milenbach, CPA
6440 N Troy
Chicago, IL 60645
|Financial reporting and analysis||Process improvement implementation|
|Fully accrued GAAP month-end close||Budgets and financial models|
|Account reconciliations||Fixed asset register and depreciation|
|Multi-currency consolidations||Intercompany account reconciliation|
|Accounting systems administrator / help desk||Bank reconciliations|
|Data base management and data extraction||Cash flow projection and cash management|
|Ad hoc report writing||Payroll and benefits|
|Illinois sales tax; Canada GST and PST||Sales commissions and 1099’s|
|Microsoft Great Plains (Dynamics) ERP||Microsoft Excel – advanced including:
pivot tables, macros, vlookups, linked files
|FRx Report Designer||Microsoft Word|
|WennSoft Job Cost module for Dynamics||ADP PayExpert|
|Peachtree||SunAccounts (Systems Union)|
Marcus Evans, Inc. International Business Event Planning IL
Financial Controller North America
2007 – 2009
Monitor and report cash transactions and balances; year end audit schedules; month end close procedures; intercompany account reconciliations; payroll expense and accruals.
· Downloaded banking activity from the bank’s website to Microsoft Excel and matched with downloads from Smart List in Great Plains (Dynamics) to create a best practice audit trail for bank reconciliations.
· Revamped Microsoft Excel worksheets using a pivot table to display the necessary journal entries for payroll expenses and allowing for the filtering and summary of payroll expenses by location and department.
· Reduced by 90 percent the time required to summarize the bank’s automated daily sweeps among eight accounts for weekly internal reporting of bank balances to management and for monthly bank reconciliations.
· Reduced the time required to identify wire receipts for cash application from over three months to 10 business days.
· Saved the company $60,000 annually by monitoring and negotiating foreign exchange rates to fund operations in Canada.
Valtera Corporation Human Resources Consulting Firm Rolling Meadows, IL
2004 – 2007
Financial reporting, including audited year-end consolidated statements for holding company and subs; fully accrued month-end close; weekly reporting of key financial indicators to management; daily updates of sales forecast vs. actual; payroll administration; accounts receivables; accounts payables; cash management.
· Migrated acquired company from QuickBooks to Great Plains (Dynamics).
· Developed and implemented the capability of reporting net income by product line and by client at the project level using Microsoft Great Plains (Dynamics) and WennSoft Job Cost module.
· Developed the Microsoft Excel template required for the implementation of the Integration Manager module in Microsoft Great Plains (Dynamics).
· Utilized the SmartList feature in Microsoft Great Plains (Dynamics) to make the accounts receivable aging and sales data base available to management on a daily basis.
· Implemented and utilized FRx Report Designer and Integration Manager.
· Developed and implemented the routine for producing multi-currency consolidated financial statements for new holding company and subs.
· Modified revenue reporting categories as required by best practices.
· Created financial model projecting annual sales based on sales forecast-to-date.
· Process improvements allowed the company to double in size without adding accounting personnel.
LewisCo, Inc. Insurance Claims Consulting Firm Deerfield, IL
2003 – 2004
Financial reporting, including month-end close and consolidation; billing of professional fees and expenses; collections; payables, including commissions; provide analysis to clients and management using data captured in Microsoft Great Plains (Dynamics) ERP software.
· Migrated acquired company from Peachtree to Great Plains (Dynamics).
· Analyzed revenues and expenses by office location and function.
· Analyzed professional fees and billable expenses by project and client.
· Delivered monthly accounts receivable aging, sales ledger, and cash receipts journal in Microsoft Excel.
· Built a Microsoft Excel data base and pivot table for the monthly analysis of revenue vs. budget and current vs. historical.
· Provided a forecast and budget model with cash flow projections.
Certified Public Accountant – Passed all four parts of the CPA examination on the first sitting
Bachelor of Arts degree, Wabash College, Crawfordsville, Indiana, Member Phi Beta Kappa.
Over the last six years, I have become adept at using Microsoft Great Plains (Dynamics GP) ERP. When I first started using Great Plains, it was a clumsy tool which failed to provide much opportunity for analysis. Unlike Peachtree and QuickBooks, the canned reports did not easily export to Excel, and management was disappointed with their investment in Great Plains. As a workaround, I became proficient with Monarch, a data mining tool from Datawatch, to produce tables from Great Plains text files that I could easily open in Excel. For the first time, I could slice and dice the numbers and deliver the results in a useful format.
Over time, the more recent versions of Great Plains have included a robust feature called SmartList. Here, whether it is the analysis of our business by project, or the production of schedules for the year end audit, I have combined my extensive knowledge of the fields available through Smart List with my advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (including pivot tables, macros, vlookups, data validation, text manipulation, conditional formatting, etc.). Whatever software you are using, you can count on me to mine the accounting data base, combine it with other sources of related data in Excel, and analyze the numbers for presentation to top management, efficiently and effectively.
I am a strong candidate, am I not? Please do not hesitate to contact me at my home. I would very much like to hear from you.