Objective: To obtain a position within an organization in that allows me to utilize my plumbing skills, HVAC training, and customer service experience along with growth potential.
Prince George’s Community College
Workforce Development and Continuing Education
Introduction to HVAC/R Level One Part 1 42.00 Hours
Introduction to HVAC/R Level One Part II 69.00 Hours
Awarded 4.20 Continuing Education Units: Oct 2007
Awarded 69.00 Continuing Education Units: Jan 2008
International Union of Operating Engineers
Advanced Education Program Local 99
Plumbing Maintenance and Repair Certificate: May 2002
Allstate Professional Movers, Inc. Forestville, MD April/2008 to Present
· Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
· Assist supervisors with various relocations
· Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
· Move freight, stock, and other materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, and containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, and other equipment.
· Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
· Load and unload ship cargo, using winches and other hoisting devices.
· Assemble funiture and crates, using hand tools and precut lumber.
· Pack containers and re-pack damaged containers
Macy’s Department Store Hyattsville, MD Feb/2007 to April/2008
· Receive and document all shipments.
· Notify department of deliveries.
· Administered steam fitting tests
· Perform general warehouse activities, such as opening containers and crates, filling warehouse orders, assisting in taking inventory, and weighing and checking materials.
· Operate industrial trucks, tractors, loaders and other equipment to transport materials to and from transportation vehicles and loading docks, and to store and retrieve materials in warehouses.
Kmart Greenbelt, MD March/2006 – November/2007
Sales Associate (Part-Time)
· Handled customer inquiries
· Responsible for assisting customer with purchases, returns, exchanges, and special orders.
· Accurately managed a cash register
· Responsible for arranging store display of featured merchandise
· Dealt with a diverse customer population
Pearl’s plumbing Severn, MD Jun/2005 – October/2005
· Maintenance and repair of residential plumbing
· Assisted with Kitchen and Bathroom remolding
· Aided Sewer and Drain Cleaning
Sky Chef Arlington, VA December/1999 – June/2001
· Stacked and unpacked trucks for incoming and outgoing aircraft
· Maintained and clean atmosphere
· Assisted supervisor with a variety of projects
Hecht’s Warehouse Washington, DC June/1997 – December/1999
· Loaded and unloaded freight trucks
· Sorted clothing of assembly lines for shipping to various stores
· Supported Inventory control
· Received and documented all shipments
· Notify department of deliveries