Laura L. Cox 8642 Summer Sun Way, Elk Grove, Ca. 95624
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
I have over 15 years IT administration experience in supporting end-users and business requirements. With Network management; help desk experience; troubleshooting and research skills; I’m highly successful in assessing organizational needs and implementing efficient solutions. My excellent track record with effective team building, training and coaching skills can be utilized within a wide scope of job responsibilities.
Operating Systems: MS Windows NT/2000/XP/VISTA/DOS, OS390/MVS./UNIX
Software: Norton Ghost, McAfee, pcAnywhere, Attachmate, Lotus Notes, Exchange, Microsoft Office Suite,
Internet Explorer, Outlook, Passport, Adobe Suite, Service Center, Publisher, Extimate.
Remote administration: VPN, Remote Desktop, Mobile Automation, SMS, dail-up.
Hardware: Desktop PC’s, IBM and Toshiba Laptops, HP printers, power supplies, Peripheral Components
Protocols: TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS.
Allied/Nationwide Insurance, Sacramento, CA 95815
IT Computing Technician/Project Leader
· Provided support to on-site and remote staff to isolate and resolve problems with personal computers, software
and other related equipment to more than 1000 users for both Allied and Nationwide employees.
· Provided telephone technical support to home and field office personnel in the installation, configuration and the operation
of personal computers, laptops, software, and telephone equipment nationwide.
· Isolated and defined cause of network component failures and repair the problem for all network equipment.
· Worked directly with management providing problem determination and resolution for network outages and software
· Configure and administer support for Local and Wide Area Networks per Nationwide’s security procedures.
· LAN administration tasks including, modification and deletion of customer accounts, equipment and software
Installations and print queue creation.
· Setup, configured and installed new computer/laptops for all new users.
· Swapped out and performed reimage when necessary to existing computers/laptops.
· Tested, installed and configured company software and demonstrated operational use.
· Handled all supply management, ordering new users equipment and inventory.
· Access and use of personal computers/laptop continuously throughout work shift to maintain records, prepare
reports and document all procedures.
Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305
Computer Support Specialist/Documents Manager
· Responsible for all computer hardware and software upgrades for the department staff.
· Provided technical analysis and recommendations for purchase of new equipment and development.
· Responsible for LAN and File server hardware and software maintenance and upgrades.
· Technical liaison with Stanford University Networking and Computer department.
· Resolved second level technical support for all desktop computers.
· Helped organized their annual International festival fundraising fair for the public and the International student community.
· Created department publications and flyers for special events using Pagemaker and Photoshop.
· Created/updated department’s homepages utilizing HTML, UNIX and graphical tools.
· Developed new health insurance database for all the International scholars for the Stanford community to track insurance
· Maintained, revised, and updated international scholar/student database containing over 10,000 records using
· Prepared reports for the University as required by the U.S. federal agencies required for all international students.
UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX
Bachelor of Science: Business, 6/2004
Ohlone College, Fremont, CA
Attended various company sponsored training programs
I created Nationwide’s Business Recovery Program for our Personal Computing technicians group.
I was in charge of saving the company printing costs by eliminating all desktop printers.
Headed a project for Nationwide Health Plans to remove, wipe-out the hard drives and ship for inventory.
I established and organized help desk procedures for newly formed help desk group for the Information Service department.
I created the first department’s home page for Stanford’s University International Student community.
I organized hands-on activities for nationwide event “Take Your Daughter’s and Son’s to work Day” for the Stanford Community.
I volunteered for the Victory Outreach ministries which I setup, installed and repaired their computers and laptops that were donated to them from different organizations. Reimaged, configured and setup these computers/laptops on their network.