Operations professional with over 10 years of experience in a fast paced growth start up environment as well as large multi-national corporations. Broad background in a full range of business operations, from new product development, project management, supplier management and manufacturing management. Proven record of determining the correct path for design, cost reduction, and manufacturing processes to improve company margins. Extensive experience delivering product from Asian and domestic Design Manufacturer’s.
·10 Years Supply Chain Management Experience
·10 Years Global Outsourcing Experience
·13 Years Senior Project Management Experience
Interactive Fitness Holdings,LLC – Sunnyvale CA 2010 – 2012
Industry leader in interactive fitness equipment
Director of Outsource Manufacturing
· Responsible for the Asia Manufacturing capability which accounted for 60% of the total company spend
· Negotiated material cost decreases by 15%, cost reductions were achieved by moving material purchases from the U.S. to Asia
· Decreased incoming freight costs by 17% by negotiating container costs and managing the duties and fees
· Maintained the total landed product costs while the exchange rate was unfavorable by 12%.
· Managed the daily production build and schedule for all of the Asia Manufacturing.
· Developed and Maintained a manual MRP system used to schedule the consigned material purchases
· Scheduled and maintained the payments for the contract manufacturers and consigned material suppliers
Palm Incorporated – Sunnyvale, CA 2005 – 2008
1.6 billion dollar global leader in mobile and handheld device.
Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager – Global Operations
· Achieved an average 5% cost reduction per quarter, utilizing industry analysis on raw materials, overhead and transformation costs.
· Improved product margins from 50% to 55% on 130 retail products with revenue of $53 million.
· Negotiated contracts and non-disclosure agreements for 25 new and existing suppliers
· Championed the implementation of the RFQ process which improved the effective implementation of the new supplier selection process.
· Managed the sourcing and product costing for both handheld and mobile device accessories.
· Developed and implemented sustainable packaging Green Initiatives, eliminating the need for PVC packaging on all accessory products.