Los Angeles, CA
Over 12 years experience in the online arena. Thorough understanding of Web 2.0 capabilities, Online Sales and Marketing, SEM (SEO/PPC), Analytics (WebTrends, Google, etc), Email Marketing, eCommerce and Social Media. Tech-savvy. Strong forecasting capabilities. Able to work independently or in a group environment as a team leader. Excellent working knowledge with all Microsoft Office and business software including SalesForce, ACT, Photoshop, Illustrator. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish). Fully capable of generating forward-thinking ideas and seeing them through implementation.
Online Marketing Manager
National Notary Association November 2008 – Present
The National Notary Association (NNA) is the country’s largest organization serving the 5MM Notary Public audience. With over 250,000 members, the NNA has established itself as the industry leader.
I have been trusted to implement online marketing efforts utilizing a multi-channel mix of SEO, PPC, Email and Social Media strategies. Monthly ‘big picture’ reports for our Executive management group along with ad-hoc reporting. Content development (Video, Design, etc), functionality creation and eCommerce enhancement ($10MM/yr) has also been a responsibility of mine.
· Established email marketing protocols to meet Best-Practice standards
· A/B tested subject lines, creative and contents to generate a lift in response rates (Open Rate, CTR, Revenue)
· Aligned email campaigns with direct mail initiatives to ensure consistant messaging was delivered to the target audience.
· Optimized paid search efforts yielding in ROI (ROAS) increase of 191%
· Reduced PPC wasteful spending nearly 50% a month due to poorly-optimized campaigns.
· Keyword analysis and implementation to expand reach and performance.
· Utilized WebTrends and Google Analytics to create custom in-depth reports on website performance.
· Analyzing online consumer behavior and provided actionable data and direction.
· Competitor performance analysis.
· Generated a significant increase in relevant high-ranking back links.
· Keyword analysis including short and long tail keywords.
· Reversed the downward traffic trend the website had been producing the previous year.
· Increased our online market share and greatly distanced ourselves from our closest competitor.
· Optimizations made have contributed to tens of thousands of dollars being saved on PPC.
Dir. Business Development /Marketing Mgr
RealTalkLA.com/RealTalk LA Magazine October 2006 – October 2008
Oversaw the development of realtalkla.com to ensure it met our technical and sales requirements, along with user functionality.
· P&L responsibilities for the website.
· Increased our backlinks with relevant sites in our to achieve higher rankings on the search engines
· Researched web analytics and recommended editorial/layout changes which led to higher page views and time spent on the site.
· Increased site conversion by studying and utilizing Behavioral data.
· Negotiated and secured contracts pertaining to the development and vendor relationships of the company’s interactive department.
· Created sales collateral for the sales staff.
· Oversaw the entire sales process for realtalkla.com, including conducting presentations, acquiring advertisers and managing the adserver.
· Developed a 3 year marketing plan which included analysis and forecasts for rolling out in other DMA’s.
· Liaison between the Digital dept. and other depts.
· Packaged, sold and produced promotional online campaigns. Including Added Value to promotional packages with lifestyle vendors (apparel, auto, etc)
· Directed and negotiated agreements with Ad Networks
· Managed Affiliate relationships
· Lead the online marketing efforts for realtalkla.com
· Tracked site statistics (Google Analytics, AWstats, Webalizer) and made suggestions accordingly
· Directly handled Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Marketing (SEM)
· Completed and submitted RFP’s
Managing Editor/Dir. Marketing & Promotions
OYE Magazine September 2001 – June 2006
· Interviewed, hired, trained and managed the magazine’s promotional team.
· Produced experiential marketing campaigns
· Spearheaded the monetization of the magazine’s website.
· Directed the execution of our promotional and marketing campaigns.
· Secured advertisements from National brands.
· Ensured each issue was complete and correct from start to finish
· Lead in the development of the magazine’s online presence.
· Managed Affiliate relationships (online).
· In charge of marketing both the magazine and website.
· Supervised all Interactive efforts, from website development to building ad network relationships and online ad sales.
· Completed and submitted RFP’s
GMR Marketing May 1999 – August 2001
· Managed a Hispanic Marketing campaign for Miller Brewing Co.
· Scheduled and directed marketing reps.
· Developed a post-promotion analysis for the client’s campaign
· Hired and trained promotional staff.
· Initiated promotional strategies to effectively engage the target consumers.
Baka Boyz Show Producer/Webmaster/Promotions Asst.
KPWR Power 106fm September 1997 – June 2000
· Produced the number one afternoon show in Los Angeles
· Ensured that both the music log and commercial log were properly followed.
· Oversaw the development and management of the station’s website.
· Handled the web and email marketing initiatives
· Conducted various promotions.
Internet Marketing Master Certificate – March 2010
University of San Francisco
Computer Systems and Programming – Diploma 1997
Computer Learning Center