Eric D. Cottrell
6100 Arlington Expressway, Apt. E #205
Jacksonville , FL 32211
Highly motivated Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable professional with a verifiable record of accomplishment spanning over five years. Dependable, conscientious, detail oriented, results-oriented and solution-focused. Well versed in QuickBooks , Microsoft Word, Excel, WordPerfect , Lotus 1-2-3 , PowerPoint, Fox Pro, worked on Ricoh MP C6000 ShareScan copier, fax, scan, and the Internet.
Apple One Temp Services, FL , July 2008 – Present
Copy Center and Mail Services Specialist (IKON)
· Maintain records for management reports and inventories of supplies.
· Calculate charges for jobs performed and maintain billing logs.
· Respond to and coordinate all service calls required by customers.
· Operate high volume copy machines and perform binding and finishing work.
· Ensure convenience copies are working properly, checking for quality via daily inspections.
· Perform all repair service on customer copier equipment..
Duval County Public Schools, FL , August 2005 – Present
· Supervise and manage classes in the absence of the regular teacher.
· Assist students with homework and class assignments.
Fidelity National Financial Company, FL , May 2006 – August 2006
Cash Disbursement Specialist (Temporary Contract)
· Supported Outsource Operations with timely and accurate issuance of daily disbursement checks.
· Initiated bank and certified checks , bank wires, and handled the reconciliation of bank accounts.
· Reissued and provided check status and copies of cancelled checks for research purposes, assisted in automation of issuance of FIS/MSP checks in conjunction with the new MSP enhancement project.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Company, FL , October 2004 – January 2005
Accounts Payable Specialist (Temporary Contract)
· Processed and prepared for closing retail mortgage loans in accordance with established policies and procedures.
· Registered loans on the origination system and maintained system accuracy, issued proper disclosures as required by federal regulatory compliance , reviewed rate lock and point objectives for accuracy.
· Obtained and reviewed documents for acceptability against loan conditions.
Mississippi Library Commission, Jackson , MS , October 2003 – July 2004
· Directed the disbursement of agency funds in accordance with approved policies and procedures , audited invoices for completeness and accuracy to generate payment vouchers and receipt warrant.
· Entered agency invoices fiscal data into accounting system to maintain agency’s general and subsidiary ledgers, pre-audited petty cash vouchers , issued petty cash checks and initiated requests to reimburse petty cash account.
· Recorded all payments made for services performed and reported to Internal Revenue Service on Form 1099 as required, compiled and updated information for audits, prepared financial reports, and assisted the budget and financial director daily.
Mississippi Forestry Commission, Jackson , MS , October 1998 – October 2003
Accounting / Auditing Technician
· Verified and maintained purchase orders, registers and fiscal records.
· Prepared budgets, payrolls, and financial statements , conducted cost studies, prepared tabulations, reported conclusions and recommendations.
· Maintained general and subsidiary ledgers, including major portions of department’s fiscal activities.
Automatic Data Processing (ADP), FL , October 2005 – April 2006
Accounts Payable Clerk /Time and Labor Management (Temporary Contract)
FL , February 2005 – May 2005
Accounts Payable Clerk (Temporary Contract)
Jackson State University , Jackson , MS
Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, August 1994
Excellent References Available Upon Request