6075 Joybrook Road · · ·
Retail Operations / Branding Strategies / Business Development
Highly accomplished manager with extensive experience leading continued development of teams, overseeing operations and procedures, managing financials, and increasing market share. Broad knowledge in P&L, maintaining quality customer service, and supervising distribution / delivery for well-known brand names within highly competitive industries. Repeated success guiding cross-functional teams in design and implementation of business solutions that drive sales revenue and meet stakeholder expectations. Core competencies include:
|· Budget Control & Revenue Growth
· Recruiting & Staffing Initiatives
· Financial & Contract Negotiations
· Sales & Marketing
· Inventory & Shrink Control
|Short- & Long-term Planning
· Team Building & Leadership
· Account Relationship Management
· Budgeting & Cash Flow Optimization
· Change Management
Slang LLC – Atlanta, GA
Owner Operator 2008 – Present
Part Owner and Operator of an independent jewelry store. Responsibilities include overseeing all aspects of operations including inventory management, cost control, plant maintenance, and bottom-line profitability, as well as, customer service. Implemented local marketing strategies to increase overall traffic and set price points for incoming merchandise.
· Introduced Fashion Jewelry into Fine Jewelry mix.
· Oversaw the expansion and implementation of ecommerce site.
· Instituted drop shipment products on web-site eliminating need to inventory items
· Increased ecommerce traffic by over 1,500%.
· Increased ecommerce sales by over 1,000% in three-month period.
REGIONAL MANAGER, SUNGLASS HUT 2001 – 2008
Oversaw regional strategies for profitability and performance of 24 locations in 7 states. Served as chief strategist behind marketing, promotional plans, purchasing, and inventory controls involving staff of 22 managers and 75 employees. Driving force behind product development and expansion of sunglasses market. Responsible for initial placement of profitable Sunglass Hut location inside Macy’s department stores for Atlanta consumer base, opening 16 locations along a 5-week time line. Guided profitability strategies to achieve positive numbers for 2 out of 7 regions in year one of operations.
· Chosen by executive leadership to play role as lead Regional Manager for SGH expansion into Macy’s.
· Managed test region for first combination watch / sunglass operations in North America; transformed last place segment to rank #1 in comparable revenue year-to-year; last to first in budgeted revenue.
· Developed new and improved process for conducting physical inventory, subsequently adopted company wide.
· Recipient of multiple acknowledgements for performance in wide ranging categories including: Highest Region Sales Volume 2003; Best Average Unit Retail Over Last Year 2003 / 2004; Best Payroll Management 2003; Best Percent of Operating Income (9.3%) 2003.
· Presented with more than 36 Victory Gram Awards for double-digit comparable revenue sales over 6 years. Includes: Double Digit Comparable Sales Increase over Last Year 2005 and Double Digit Comparable Sales Increase over Last Year 2006
BEST BUY – Smyrna, GA
GENERAL MANAGER, 1998 – 2001
Developed and coordinated strategies that maximized sales and earnings, enhanced customer satisfaction, and improved staff performance. In charge of 110+ employees generating sales of $40M annually. Held responsibility for payroll administration, inventory control, HR, and loss prevention. Driving force behind store operations and marketing strategies designed to brand company name and expose product line to new consumers. Coordinated asset management and resource allocation. Planned and implemented policies and procedures for customer cultivation, safety, training, morale, and merchandising.
· Ranked #1 across entire district for delivering success within key results areas comprising revenue, gross margin, complete solutions, and complex sales.
· Selected lead General Manager to facilitate roll-out of new Point of Sale systems for entire Atlanta market; installed software / hardware and trained staff on usage.
· Achieved Performance Service Plan (Complete Solutions) sales at 6.1% of sale; Accessory sales in at 12.1% of total sales.
· Recognized for 3rd highest volume sales for Atlanta Market.
BLOCKBUSTER ENTERTAINMENT GROUP: 1988 -1998
DISTRICT MANAGER, East Coast 1997 – 1998
REGIONAL MARKETING MANAGER, Detroit, MI 1996 – 1997
DISTRICT MANAGER, Atlanta, GA/Ft. Lauderdale, FL 1992 – 1996
Promoted through multiple positions of increasing scope and responsibility to have led development of comprehensive category plans and business strategies for Blockbuster Video stores within retail grocery across Virginia, North Caroline, Georgia, and New York; 30 stores and 150+ staff. Played key role in financial planning, and analysis, and direction of budgets. Responsible as manager for multi-unit Video and Music retail stores with record of increasing YOY profits and steady market expansion.
· As RMM, provided leadership for store marketing, grand opening events, and discretionary product purchasing for 89 units.
· Oversaw development of top 10 most profitable districts, 1993 – 1994.
· Established reputation for low manager turnover through effective coaching and professional development of personnel.
· Designated subject matter expert for "Train the Trainer" corporate training programs.
· Began tenure in supervisory roles in Dallas Texas then rapidly promote to District Manager for the Atlanta, GA / Ft. Lauderdale, FL regions.
* * * * *
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (2006) Shorter College- Rome, GA
Professional Development Coursework
“Zinger Miller Management Development Program” · “District Managers Leadership Effectiveness”
“ Leadership Challenge Workshop”
Volunteer Commitments: Gift of Sight missions: Bulgaria 2007 / Honduras 2008