SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS: D etail-oriented professional with comprehensive accounting experience. Managed the financial operation of an organization. Skilled in P&L, GAAP, internal controls, and policies and procedures. Strong communication skills. Works well with others.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
University of Massachusetts Boston, College of Management, June 2005
Cum Laude Graduate
Pueblo of Sandia New Mexico Sept 2008 – Present
Staff Accountant – Payroll Manger March 2009-Present
* Accountable for high-volume, full-scale payroll functions
* Manage and supervise payroll staff in preparation to process our Bi-weekly and Monthly payroll cycle and ensure all of our payroll accounts are closed and reconciled for month end
* Responsible for processing a Bi-weekly payroll cycle for 250 employees and a Monthly payroll cycle for 20 top level employees
* Work closely with Human Resources to be sure all benefits and polices are being applied correctly, worked with HR to develop a guide for all departments to be able to apply the payroll rules consistently across the board
* Prepare and process all payroll data for all non-exempt and exempt employees in accordance with the company policies and wage and hour laws.
* Manage Time Attendance Reporting system used for bi-weekly payroll
* Work very closely with 13 department directors and there administrative assistance in answering all payroll concerns and questions
* Assure the proper processing of all fixed and voluntary deductions as well as liens, garnishments, and direct deposit requests
* Process and file the 941 taxes for our Bi-weekly and monthly payroll cycles
* Responsible of filing all quarterly reports to include our 941 and our SUTA report
* Responsible for reconciling all payroll accounts including processing all journal entries and adjustments.
Â·12 Continue to make adjustments as required to ensure proper month closing then hand off to Assistant Controller for final review.
Acting Assistant Controller Oct 2008-March 2009
Â·13 Evaluated and enhanced existing internal controls that were experiencing challenges as it related to payroll and human resources. Implemented a workflow process between departments to ensure proper guidelines and policies & procedures are being followed.
Â·14 Developed a common ground between departments allowing the finance department and the directors to have open communications to work more effectively & efficiently.
Â·15 Manage a staff of 9 in the preparation of month end close and continue to audit and make adjustments as required to ensure proper closing then hand off to finance director for final review.
Â·16 Oversee the processing of payroll for 250 employees using Infinium payroll software and Kronos timekeeper. Processed FUTA, SUTA, Medicare and Social security taxes along with filing all quarterly reports.
Â·17 Oversee the department and ensure we are consistently in compliance with GAAP.
Staff Accountant -Accounts Receivable Sept 2008-Oct 2008
Â·18 Responsible for monthly closing of assigned accounts, account reconciliation and journal entries
Â·19 Reconciled operating accountant and HUD accountant and brought both accounts current
Â·20 Updated and reconciled all customer A/R accounts
Â·21 Posted all payments on a daily basis
Granite Transformations New Mexico Oct 2005-Sept 2008
Â·22 Managed the financial operation of the organization, budget preparations and administration
Â·23 Created 2008 budget to increase sales from $2.5 million in 2007 to $3.5 million for 2008
* Managed monthly closing of books of accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll, prepared and posted all account reconciliation and journal entry adjustments.
Â·25 Prepared monthly, quarterly and annual reports summarizing and forecasting company business activities and financial positions in areas of income and expenses
Â·26 Decreased use of petty cash from $600/mth to $0
Â·27 Developed financial statements; analyzed business trends and daily operating costs.
Â·28 Managed payroll to include payroll tax liabilities
Â·29 Managed all purchasing, created billing and reconciled all accounts
Â·30 Managed customers accounts, invoicing, billing questions, and monitored customer satisfaction
* Supervised, lead and supported staff and continued to direct daily work schedules
O’Brian and Co Omaha, Nebraska Jan 1988-April 1990
Â·32 Updated and maintained all financial transactions for accounts receivable to include invoicing, posting payments and reconciliation
Â·33 Responsible for recording financial transactions for accounts payable to include matching all purchase orders to invoices, posting and paying invoices
Â·34 Prepared all bank deposits
Â·35 Responsible for all bank accounts reconciliation
Â·36 Supervised office staff
Â·37 Windows XP operating system
Â·38 Quick Books
Â·39 Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.)
Â·40 Infinium payroll software
Â·41 Kronos timekeeper
Â·42 Fluent in English and Spanish
President and Treasury for La Cueva Thespian Booster Club Aug 2009- Present
Â· Reconciled and balanced the previous years book, found discrepancies and was able to match receipts with withdraws and checks.
Event Planner 1987-2005; United States Air Force
Â·43 Planned, organized and supervised active duty military social events
Â·44 Responsible for all details to include budget, schedule, guest list, activities, equipment, entertainment
Soccer Coordinator and Treasurer 2002-2005; Boston Area Youth Soccer League , Sudbury, MA
Â·45 Planned and coordinated practice and game schedules
Â·46 Managed team finances as treasurer
Â·47 Arranged orders and purchases of team trophies and coach awards
Classroom Assistant 1997-2002; Dennis Chavez Elementary School, NM
Â·48 Assisted the teachers of my children ages 7, 6 and 5 years old in the classroom
Â·49 Helped plan classroom parties