25 Carolina Avenue â— â— â—
1 of 1
Experienced Manager with nearly 20 years experience in sales, merchandising, forecasting, demonstrated customer service skills, and staff management.
· Nearly twenty years of retail experience in a variety of industries, including four years in largest retailer-owned cooperative in the United States, rotated twelve years in an upscale Super Market chain, and three years in retail and hospitality services.
· Provide leadership by developing excitement, enthusiasm, a positive mental attitude and commitment toward Company objectives. Create an Encore work environment.
· Demonstrated experience in increasing sales and making profits.
· Train, coach and develop associates to ensure customers receive excellent service and can easily find the merchandise they need
POPEYE’S CHICKEN AND BISCUITS Dec. 2007 – Present
Provide leadership by developing excitement, enthusiasm, a positive mental attitude and commitment toward Company objectives. Develop a positive and productive work environment.
· Maintain high standards of service throughout the operational day by demonstrating management by example.
· Maintain accurate and current records providing the historical data to plan for increased sales and profits.
· Increase sales by providing outstanding product and service.
· Purchase food, beverages and supplies as needed.
· Lead and motivate Team Members and Shift Managers to perform to their highest possible level of ability.
Assistant General Manager
Performed duties as directed by the General Manager.
· Responsible for increasing sales and making profits.
· Assisted in providing Team Members and Shift Managers with appropriate training.
· Ensured a clean, organized restaurant, prepared to deliver quality food and encore service.
· Possessed working knowledge of all equipment and assume responsibility for preventive maintenance of a unit.
HOMEDEPOT 2007 – 2007
Department Supervisor /Flooring & Décor Department
As a Department Supervisor/General Manager I had strong product knowledge and the ability to lead and develop others. I was responsible for ordering over 6,000 SKU’s. My responsibilities included but were not limited to:
· Training, coaching and developing associates in each department to ensure customers received excellent service and could easily find the merchandise they needed.
· Provided valuable input regarding merchandising decisions to the Store Management Team.
· Ordered inventory for the Flooring Department.
· Scheduled staff.
· Assisted customers with special orders and referred contractors to custom jobs.
· Established rapport with customers, performed project needs analysis and opened new credit accounts in the process.
BJ’S WHOLESALE CLUB 2006 – 2007
General Merchandiser/General Merchandise
As an Overnight Merchandise Manager, responsibilities included but were not limited to:
· Scheduled staff, conducted weekly staff meetings, and motivated staff.
· Responsible for presentation and replenishment of merchandise.
· Priced merchandise, took responsibility for the quality of stock.
· Supervised Ticketers, Merchandise Leads and Forklift drivers.
· Reset end-caps, coordinated resets.
· Moved goods within the store and ensured shelves were regularly restocked.
· Rotated, handled, stocked and merchandised meat products, frozen / dairy products in a high volume operation.
KINGS SUPERMARKET INC. 1994 – 2006
Night Closing Manager 2004 – 2006
Provided leadership in Meat Department by directing and managing all associate activities. Implemented company merchandising initiatives that accomplish sales and profit objectives while meeting customer requirements.
· Coached staff on improving customer service.
· Mitigated employee disputes.
· Performed quarterly inventory reviews.
· Resolved customer complaints.
KINGS SUPERMARKET INC. continued
Assistant Meat Manager 2003 – 2004
Developed and implemented cost-effective inventory control procedures and policies; planned and prepared product displays. Trained and motivated meat-processing personnel; conducted training sessions on meat products; consulted and communicated merchandising issues with senior retail managers.
· Directed and supervised entire meat department.
· Ordered products and supplies for the department.
· Solved meat department operational problems; handled meat product processing
· Ensured that associates worked and operated the equipment in the department in a safe manner.
· Followed through to ensure compliance to local, state, and government weights and measures and labeling laws.
· Demonstrated food preparation techniques in cooking studio.
Butcher 1994 – 2003
Maintained a safe and clean working environment to insure compliance with all safety and sanitation requirements set forth by the company and mandated by state, federal and OSHA regulations.
· Greeted and took orders from customers.
· Identified areas in the Meat Department where customer-service could be improved. Assisted in instituting changes that address these concerns.
Wakefern Food Corporation 1990 – 1994
Seafood Processing Manager
Managed the processing of various types of seafood for all Shop Rite Supermarkets in the Metropolitan area.
· Ensured staff complied with sanitation policies and procedures.
· Trained new employees on processing product.
References available upon request.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS