1016 Grey Hollow Avenue
North Las Vegas, Nevada 89031
To obtain an office support position in which my strong linguistic skills, creative talents, and attention to detail will contribute to superior efficiency.
Huntington Press, Inc. January 2009-Present
· Proofread manuscripts for optimum clarity and appeal
· Re-write portions of text for better flow, readability, and personality
· Review submissions and ascertain an author’s potential based on their quality of work
· Correspond with authors and prospective authors regarding publication
· Coordinate book signings with major retailers
· Facilitate contracts with foreign publishers for the rights to works
· Manage relationships with retailers and distributors
· Conduct the oeuvre into marketing E-Books
· Re-wrote and edited large portions of Arts America by Jeffrey Compton
· Re-wrote and edited large portions of Topless Vegas by Arnold Snyder
Freelance Writer and Editor November 2009-Present
· Edit and supplement text for a limited-English-speaking company attempting to launch an internet business
· Re-write suggested material for highest-quality appeal
· Create enticing text to draw potential clients to the website
· Clarify and stream-line ideas
· Write suspenseful and eye-catching marketing material
· Format and organize website
§ Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas
§ Dean’s List
§ Exceptional skill in writing, editing, and reading for quality and content.
§ Ability to efficiently organize files and data.
§ Proficient with all office equipment and software, including MS Office and Windows XP.
§ Conversational in French and able to read Spanish.