To Whom it may concern;
In the interest of investigating possible employment opportunities within your organization, I am taking the liberty of enclosing my current personal resume for your consideration. It will give you information concerning my professional background as it relates to processing of materials and molds, as well as production management.
As you will note from my resume, I have had continual growth in the processing field along with taking on the duties of production management and purchasing of many materials. Presently I am researching employment opportunities with organizations that can utilize my processing skills or production management experience. I am looking for opportunities to work and grow in an atmosphere that is motivational, stimulating and challenging.
As a team member, I have developed good practices as a communicator, problem solvere and leader. I value those whom I work with to recognize potential problems and solve them together with amazing results. I believe that everyone has unique insight and should all be considered to formulate a course of action that will benefit the organization and team.
I enjoy working with people and can participate as a team member. I believe my work ethic and enthusiasm for doing â€œhands onâ€ work can be very rewarding, as well as sharing and receiving experiences learned from those around me.
Should you have a present or anticipate a future opening for an individual who represents my experience, I would appreciate and opportunity to meet with you and discuss possible employment in your organization.
E-mail – med
To December 2009
ProMold custom injection molding, a sister company of Orbit that has 22 injection molding machines ranging from 90 ton to 1100 ton. ProMold does conventional custom molding along with structural foam molding using single injection units with multiple clamps rotating. ProMold does approx. 90% of its business for Orbit along with growing the custom molding for outside customers. During the year of 2008 ProMold had to move its facility to allow for extra growth and is currently adding extrusion molding to its line.
Â· Helped train and supervise Process Technicians and Setup Technicians
Â· Assisted as a team member in SMED to reduce mold setup times.
Â· Assisted management team in production meetings to schedule jobs and presses
To meet customers needs.
Â· Ran mold trials on new molds and worked with tooling to optimize part quality
And cycle times
Â· Worked with Process Tec’s to optimize and in some cases validate processes to
Run tools most efficiently with quality parts along with using mold books and
Recording on setup sheets.
Â· As a team member with management, worked on reducing scrap to a goal of 1%
Â· Assisted maintenance with robots/sprue pickers and helped train Tec’s on
To January 2006
Utah Plastics Group, an ISO 9001-2000 registered company that has 22 injection molding machines utilizing both hydraulic and electric presses, ranging from 55 to 950 ton. Utah Plastics has a registered Class 8 clean room with a wide range of molding from medical, electronics, sports and recreation.
Production Manager/Process Technician
- Manage 24/7 operations including process techs, set up Tec’s, material handlers, Maintenance, lead operators and machine operators.
- Assisted with management team on review of customer purchase orders. Ordering material, packaging, and scheduling production, which consisted of efficient machine time, low scrap rate and low labor costs.
- Performed as a team leader with a professional group of technicians, implementing efficient set up of molds and materials. Utilizing process reference sheets for optimal cycle times, and part quality
- Assisted with management team implementing ISO procedures, adhering to customer satisfaction through management review meetings and continual improvements such as preventative action requests.
- Utilizing machine layout and installing automation methods such as robots, sprue pickers, and central loading systems. Reducing direct labor costs by 25%.
- Assisted as a team member with insert molding, sonic welding, sub assemblies and pad printing.
- Positive relationship with material and packaging suppliers, working out just in time deliveries. Keeping costs competitive.
- Assisted with management team through the relocation of Utah Plastics Group with minimal down time.
To August 1996
- Set up mechanic at Delmed, performing material handling duties and working in the mold shop cleaning molds and doing minor repairs.
- Process Technician on graveyard with supervisor responsibilities.
- Senior process technician performing validations of molds. Assisted production scheduling, guided and supported process technician on 24/7 operation.
- Fresenius, Assisted in growth of a new molding room and equipment, performing start up and validations of new product line.
- Became member of management team. Performing tests of new materials and molds prior to production.
Points of Experience
- Background experience working both in medical and clean room areas, along with custom molding business.
- Excellent processing abilities working with wide range of materials and molds.
- Excellent start up and completion of manufacturing products.
- Work well as team member, providing solutions to run a more efficient operation.
- Processing experience includes working with Toshiba, Mitsubishi, Battenfeld, Marburg, Nisei, Cincinnati, Hettinga, HPM, Reed, Stokes, Star and Whitman robotics and pickers.
I am deeply interested working for a molding/production facility as a team member with challenging and rewarding processing/managing situations.