Summary: Effective, motivated, adaptable security and information technology project manager with 15 years of experience in the education, information technology, consulting, and automotive industries. Involved in various strategic enterprise wide security related projects due to my quick and creative problem solving abilities, along with my strong and diverse technical background.
Converseon (February 2009 – June 2009)
· Analyze web documents relating to product lifecycle management.
· Determine relevance of documents.
· Identify general themes relating to product lifecycle management.
Ajilon Consulting: Contract to General Motors Corporation (July 2001 – October 2008)
North America EDWS Process Owner for Service Request Management:
General Motors, Warren, Michigan
· GM North America owner for Engineering Desktop and Workstation Support (EDWS) Service Level Agreement (SLA) monitoring for service requests.
· Monitor and keep historic tracking of service request statistics using Microsoft Excel and Minitab statistical software.
· Resolve any service request over the specific request type SLA.
· Monitor and action non-usage and violation reports for global EDWS community.
· Publish knowledge base articles and processes related to EDWS service requests.
· Publish GM initiated notice of decisions related to EDWS contract and operations.
· Subject matter expert on GM CAD/CAE user communities.
· Responsible for hardware procurement for the EDWS team including CAD/CAE user communities.
· Subject matter expert for process testing environment.
· GM oversight role for reporting received from HP EDWS vendor.
North America Product Development Site Manager / Security Consultant:
General Motors, Warren, Michigan
· Interface with Identity and Access Management system to ensure all users have appropriate security and access levels for applications, network resources, and local workstations.
· Defined and provided role and user level provisioning through Lotus Notes, mainframe, and Active Directory.
· Created and ran various Active Directory reports in preparation for external audits.
· Created and deployed a security solution for foreign nationals to access local resources without compromising corporate data security.
· Using GM standard processes successfully completed various technology implementation projects, including the introduction of a mobile workstation.
· Managed the ongoing replacement of off-lease workstations at various sites.
· Designed, created, and administered a relational workflow database and ASP application with SQL calls for workstation replacement tracking.
· Loaded and administered 4 Microsoft Windows Server 2003 servers for various projects, including database and web hosting.
· Assisted in the deployment of Lakeside Software’s Systrack product and Opnet’s ACE product for workstation and network monitoring and analysis.
· Responsible for day to day operations including computer refresh validation, customer relations, and issue escalation with IT vendors.
· Responsible for local site change control approval/rejection.
Ajilon Consulting: Contract to Electronic Data Systems (February 2000 – July 2001)
Lotus Notes Administrator: Troy, Michigan
· Assisted in the migration of over 65000 users’ Lotus Notes mail files and over 500 Lotus notes applications from a flat legacy environment to a centralized hierarchical environment.
· Wrote several Notes functions and scripts to help smooth and speed up the migration.
· Handled problems in the migration as they arose and developed processes to streamline the migration and eliminate consistent errors.
· Assisted in the documentation of the entire process for the use of similar projects in the future.
Expeditors International Inc. (July 1998-February 2000)
District MIS: Romulus, MI
· Provided hardware and software support for over 250 users.
· Administered computer network with several Novell and Windows NT servers.
· Install, upgrade and maintain internal telephony system.
· Support Lotus Domino server and Notes clients.
· Train users on a variety of applications including Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office.
Business Computer Systems of MI (January 1998-July 1998)
Computer Technician (Microsoft Specialist): Mount Clemens, MI
· Provide over 20 companies with direct customer support of all PC applications and server networks, including Microsoft Exchange server and Peachtree accounting.
· Personally assemble complete PC and server platforms for various customers.
· Provide administrative support for a variety of Citrix Metaframe deployments.
· Install and certify twisted pair and coaxial cable computer networks.
Michigan State University (September 1995-December 1997)
College of Veterinary Medicine: East Lansing, MI
Computer Assistant (Microsoft Specialist)
· Assist both students and staff in any repairs or upgrades of computer software and hardware.
· Install, troubleshoot, and repair local area network, including routers, hubs, switches and cable.
· Maintain computer and classroom related audio / video equipment.
· Assist in the training of new employees, staff, and other users.
Certifications: Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE): Security – 11/2007
Education: Michigan State University, Eli Broad College of Business – Bachelor’s of Arts Degree in Supply Chain Management -12/1998
Octane Ministry: Board Member, Technology Director, Web Presence Developer for non-profit organization focused on helping small church youth ministries accomplish great things.
Web Developer/Designer: Design and develop web code for a few clients. Consult on various web development projects.