473 East Elm Street
Sycamore, Il 60178
H: (815) 895-3196
Message: (815) 730-8520
Objective: A manufacturing position that will provide the opportunity to contribute my knowledge and experience to a product through all stages of its life, from design to manufacture to packaging and with its revisions and future obsolescence.
Profile: A degreed, Six Sigma Trained Quality Engineer with 20+ years experience and a consistent record of continuous improvement in meeting or exceeding goals. Strong combination of engineering, operations, and management skills, withexperience in developing and implementing lean strategies and systems. Experienced in the application of Six-Sigma tools, practiced in leading initiatives to reduce quality cost, enhance supplier performance and increase customer satisfaction. Used lean tools (standard work, 5 why’s and fishbone diagrams) and corrective actions to solve internal and vendor problems. Quality background includes production, customer/supplier quality initiatives, developing procedures and guidelines, internal/supplier audits, approving new start-ups, product launches and initiating corrective action resolution and tracking. An ISO approved auditor that was involved rewriting plant manuals for the ISO9001 revisions. Takes instruction well; learning new information and tasks quickly and thoroughly. Personable and easy to get along with as evident in the ability to build rapport and interface with people at all levels. Proven problem solver with an excellent work ethic. Trainer and SME for SAP quality module.
GREENLEE TEXTRON, a division of Textron – Rockford &Genoa, Illinois 1982 – 7/2008
Manufacturer of Tools for Electrical, Data Communications, Utility Construction & Installation Applications
Quality Engineer – Genoa (Aug 2001 – July 2008)
· Performed quality duties including: ISO manual updating, internal quality audits, working with the plant and vendors to resolve quality problems, produced weekly and monthly QA reports for management reviews.
· Reviewed and approved all internal work instructions. Reviewed, distributed and analyzed all Genoa NCMR’s (non conforming material reports).
· Created, audited, maintained database and closed, both internal and external CAR’s which reduced customer returns by 25% and internal quality issues by 30%.
· Developed and maintained all Excel databases used by Genoa quality.
· Served as Instructor and SME, for the quality module of Greenlee’s SAP system introduction. Trained all facilities and performed troubleshooting before and after “go live”.
· Established 12 SAP training modules use to train current and future Quality, Purchasing and Production Control employees.
· Assisted with the implementation of SAP at 2 of Greenlee’s other facilities.
· Key role in vendor interaction, performing on-site visits to discuss manufacturing problems and agreed to solutions that helped and improved mutual production.
· Reduced receiving inspection work loads and vendor returns by assisting 3 vendors with certification of their products to meeting company requirements.
· Decreased negative productions variance of $1MM in 2007 to a positive of $2K in 2008.
Designer – Rockford (Oct 1993 – Aug 2001)
· Lead product engineer for the introduction of the Datacom and Klauke product lines with responsibility for maintenance of these lines.
· Completed testing and received UL and CSA approval for the Klauke crimping product line.
· Worked with product managers, engineers and customers to problem solve product line issues.
Senior Lab Technician – Rockford (1984 – 1993)
· Constructed and ran UL and CSA test facility for testing of crimped wire connectors.
· Tested new products, prototypes and competitive products.
· Interfaced with engineers and product managers.
Designer – Rockford (1982 – 1984)
· Worked on new product designs concentrating on hole punching tools and cable cutters.
LYMAN J. HENSLEY (815) 895-3196 Page 2
Work Experience continued…
ITT HOLUB – Sycamore, Illinois Manufacturing Engineer 1978 – 1981
Manufacturer of Tools for Electricians & DataComm Professionals
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree – Industrial Supervision 1980
Northern Illinois University DeKalb, Illinois
· Completed 21 hours toward Masters in Industrial Management
Training: Six Sigma Green Belt Trained 2008
Certified ISO Auditor 2008
Technology: SAP, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint), MS Project
Community: Will County Senior Services Center – Volunteer
Association of Illinois Senior Centers – Volunteer
American Society of Check Collectors – Secretary
Interests: Collecting Antique Fiscal Documents & World’s Fair Items, Photography & Computers