1063 Melrose Ave. Trenton, New Jersey 08611
Objective: Seeking a challenging position working as a Food Service Director for a hotel or restaurant, or an institutional medical facility that offers career growth and opportunities for advancement.
Experience: Healthcare Service Group Hamilton, New Jersey
Assistant Food Service Director 3/06 to Present
• Coordinate food service activities for a 150 room nursing home.
• Hire and train workers in the performance of duties and assign and coordinate work schedules of employees to promote efficiency of operations.
• Supervise the serving of meals, inspect kitchen and dining areas, kitchen utensils and equipment to ensure sanitary standards are met.
• Estimate food and beverage costs, requisition and purchase supplies and keep records of amount and cost of meals served and hours worked by employees.
Pavillions at Forestall Village Princeton, New Jersey
Kitchen Supervisor 3/05 to 3/06
• Supervised and coordinated the activities of food preparation, kitchen, pantry and storeroom personnel.
• Planned and participated in planning menus, preparing and apportioning foods and utilizing food surpluses and leftovers.
• Requisitioned foodstuffs and kitchen supplies, and maintained kitchen work areas, restaurant equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition.
• Expedited communication between upper level management and general personnel.
Royal Health Gate Nursing Home Trenton, New Jersey
Cook/ Supervisor 7/01 to 3/05
• Supervised food service activities of a nursing home, planning varied menus to ensure that food was appetizing and nutritionally suitable for residents.
• Coordinated activities of workers engaged in preparing, cooking and serving food and in clean-up.
• Kept daily record of meals served and took inventory of supplies and equipment.
• Estimated daily and weekly needs, ordered food supplies and equipment and participated in preparing and cooking meals.
Alterra Claire Bridge Rehabilitation Center Hamilton, New Jersey
Cook 3/98 to 6/01
• Prepared, seasoned and cooked soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foodstuffs.
• Read menu to estimate food requirements and ordered food from supplier or procured food from storage.
• Added seasoning to foods during mixing and cooking, according to personal judgment and experience.
• Carved meats, portioned food on serving plates, and added gravies, sauces and garnishes.
Education: Trenton Central High School Trenton, New Jersey
References: Available upon request