2007 Ivy Court
McKinney, Texas 75070
Cell (469) 450-2220
JANUARY 2008 TO APRIL 2009
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER – NEC UNIFIED SOLUTIONS
· Responsible for large and complex project management involving PBX, VoIP, LAN/WAN or converged solution for national accounts.
· Support sales as a subject matter expert regarding voice/data service delivery estimating, pricing/costing and project management.
· Assist sales with scope definition and review RFP responses.
· Identify and qualify subcontract resources for data and voice service delivery and management.
· Develop detailed task lists, work effort assessments, short and long-term resource allocation plans based on input from all key players and team members. Develop detailed schedules based on task breakdown, materials, information and resource allocation plans.
· Analyze/Monitor internal processes and work flows for optimum efficiency in the deployment plan.
· Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external clients to reassess, renegotiate and amend scope of work responsibilities, proposals, contracts and budgets.
· Monitor schedules, issue logs, risk management plans, and provide warning of serious deviations or variations that may compromise project results.
JANUARY 2007 TO DECEMBER 2007
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER – NEC AMERICA – RETAIL SOLUTIONS
· Responsible for the implementation of a Wireless Mobility and Windows Server upgrade program for 475 7-Eleven stores throughout Canada.
· Manage the packaging of products to be delivered to individual stores.
· Coordinate the shipping and delivery of kits to stores based on their installation date.
· Manage the technicians’ schedules and daily activities.
· Serve as the single point of contact in the 7-Eleven War Room for all issues.
· Support the technicians during installation and ensure any issues were resolved.
· Contact store manager prior to the technicians’ departure to ensure they are satisfied with the installation.
· Coordinate and expedite the return and repair of any hardware that was an Out of Box Failure.
· Monitor all open trouble tickets and ensure their closure in the time frame stated in the contract.
· Schedule the return of technicians to any store where the installation could not be completed in the time frame allotted.
· Track and report all project costs (hardware, software, shipping and labor).
· Provide daily reports to 7-Eleven management.
· Obtain final acceptance from 7-Eleven at the completion of the project.
JULY 2004 TO DECEMBER 2006
· Prepare, develop and maintain the project plan including: specification, scheduling, requirements, implementation guidelines, resources, and milestones.
· Negotiate to agreeable project plans and Statements of Work with Customers and Internal organizations.
· Interface with customer service at core locations for process and next level support.
· Chair and/or attend pre and post sales customer meetings representing Tekelec’s project implementation team.
· Project manage the implementation and commissioning activities of Tekelec products and services in the customer’s environment to an in-service state.
· Lead the project team in the execution of the project plan on all activities required to meet the project goals.
· Review and report weekly program/project performance and ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
· Develop and manage project risk plan while identifying and removing project roadblocks.
· Participate in technical discussions with Sales, Product Management, Product Marketing, and Engineering regarding customer direction and/or issues.
SERVICEMASTER SUPERIOR – RESTORATION & CLEANING
JULY 2002 TO MAY 2004
FIRE DIVISION – ESTIMATOR / PROJECT MANAGER
· Schedule all appointments within two to four hours of being contacted, and enter each fire estimate scope into the appropriate system for pricing and crew work orders.
· Work with office staff and Production Manager to schedule and coordinate all restoration services to be performed, as well as contact and coordinate the appropriate sub-contractors.
· Conduct daily meetings each morning with the Production Manager and crew to discus the status of each fire claim being handled.
· Perform periodic site visits to check the job status and ensure the scope of work is being followed.
· Prepare weekly report for management on the status of all fire claims, pending or in progress.
· Responsible for providing on-going communication and documentation to the insurance adjuster and the customer.
· Ensure all necessary paperwork for final billing has been prepared upon completion of the restoration services, and assist office staff with account receivables and collections as needed.
· Develop and implement a marketing plan that provides for regular contact with existing accounts, while continuing to develop new accounts.
· Utilize and maintain ACT! Database to effectively track projects, sales leads, customers, appointment schedules, and follow-up when necessary.
NORTEL NETWORKS – Richardson, TX – Raleigh, NC – Schaumburg, IL
1984 to 2001
SEPTEMBER 1998 TO JULY 2001
· Responsible for managing the successful deployment of products and services to new and existing customers.
· Provide project leadership by translating system solutions into plans, guidelines, actions and direction for the project.
· Oversee the management and integration of projects in order to deliver customer solutions as contracted.
· Responsible for forming the project team and matrix manage across various Nortel organizations and Lines of Business.
· Document all customer and internal issues and generate an action register to ensure all issues were driven to closure.
· Extensive interface directly with the customer at multiple levels within their organization.
· Develop and maintain close relationships with various contacts throughout the customer’s organization.
· Participated on Sales and account team calls concerning future business.
· Initiate and chair project review meetings both with the customer and internally.
· Successfully managed optical projects (Optera product line) for Metromedia Fiber Networks (MFN). This involved the deployment and installation of Optera equipment at multiple sites along routes between Denver to Salt Lake City, Salt Lake City to Portland, Portland to Seattle, and Los Angeles to Las Vegas.
· Teamed with another Nortel PM to manage all NET2000 switching and data projects. This involved both initial installations and expansions of DMS-500 and Passport products, as well as software upgrades, throughout the NET2000 network.
· Responsible for the Cable and Wireless account, which involved initial installations and expansions of DMS-250 and DMS-300 switching products, as well as software upgrades, throughout the Cable and Wireless network.
DECEMBER 1997 TO SEPTEMBER 1998
SALES ENGINEER, NETWORK SERVICE SOLUTIONS
· Support the Sales teams in the development and deployment of multiple service solutions.
· Assist in the planning and execution of sales activities for assigned accounts.
· Provide technical expertise in preparing customer proposals.
· Work with the Market Development organization to ensure achievement of the assigned NSS revenue and order targets.
· Team with Sales and Marketing in the development of strategic pricing, competitive offerings, and response strategies for proposals.
· Negotiate service delivery issues, either directly with the service provider, or with the Business Development organization.
· Prepare and present A-Forms for review of new service offerings to be developed and sold by NSS.
· Prepare and deliver customer presentations, point-by-point responses to RFI’s/RFP’s/RFQ’s, and Sales Quotation Analysis for project approval.
· Provide Sales with training on new or enhanced service offerings, and assisted them with the introduction of these services into their marketplace.
NOVEMBER 1995 TO DECEMBER 1997
SALES ENGINEER, PROPOSAL MANAGEMENT
· Provide Marketing/Technical Sales support to promote products and services to customers in the emerging markets.
· Act as the prime interface to customers and potential customers in competitive markets using Nortel products including commercial solutions, software feature implementation, technical issues, provisioning, pricing, costing, and services.
· Aid in contract development by defining equipment for contract Schedule "A" and ensure proper contract documents are included in proposals.
· Analyze customer requirements and recommend viable solutions.
· Team with other Lines of Business on multi-product and network proposals.
Tool Implementation & Sales Training
· Assist in the development and deployment of an automated planning and pricing tool (Planex) designed for Sales. Tool allowed Sales to provide a planning price to the customer in a matter of minutes, with minimal inputs, from his laptop. Tool was also used by the Sales Engineering/Proposal Management organization to support the Sales group in the event network access was not readily accessible.
· Develop equipment models used in the various configuration scenarios that included services and power equipment.
· Develop training documents, and provided training classes for all users.
· Update models and training documents, and provide additional training classes as required.
JUNE 1993 TO NOVEMBER 1995
SENIOR SPECIALIST, MARKETING / ORDER MANAGEMENT
· Responsible for meeting customer due dates for all Order Management (OM) releases of Proposals and Change Orders.
· Ensure all OM releases reflect Nortel’s standard of Excellence.
· Pro-actively review and/or challenge provisioning integrity as mapped to customer requirements.
· Critique other specialists’ quotations for accuracy of financials, proper buyout and special deal application, and correctness of customer copy.
· Interface with all affected regional and Core functions to ensure the fulfilment of Nortel commitments and contractual requirements, adapting policies and procedures, and initiate new methods as required.
· Serve as a team leader on large and/or multiple site Request for Proposals (RFP’s).
· Prepare Contract Implementation Worksheets for any new contracts signed or amendments made to existing contracts.
JUNE 1992 TO JUNE 1993
SENIOR SPECIALIST, MARKETING
· Provision and provide equipment lists for initial Nortel switches per customer specifications for the preparation of RFQ’s.
· Develop pricing for CI, RFQ, and Reconciliation projects via the PRISM pricing program according to contractual terms and conditions.
· Prepare quote packages and ensure their accuracy and compliance with established standards.
· Release quotations in a time frame that meets both Sales and Customer due dates.
· Assist Sales in the resolution of technical issues within the quotation.
· Maintain state-of-the-art awareness of technology updates and changes within Nortel and the telephone industry.
DECEMBER 1988 TO MAY 1992
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER / PROGRAM MANAGER
· Represent the Region on a system design and development team with the responsibility for testing, gaining regional and customer acceptance, and implementation of the tool.
· Develop and implement training classes for both customer and regional users.
· Coordinate and prioritize all customer and regional requests for new features and enhancements.
· Submit and ensure the timely resolution of any customer and regional trouble tickets.
· Responsible for the integrity of questions, rules used for the provisioning of equipment and the reports generated by the system.
· Provide the customer and regional users with periodic presentations and/or training on new features and system updates, as they become available.
· Perform the duties of a Senior Systems Engineer / PM as described in the position below.
APRIL 1984 TO NOVEMBER 1988
SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER / PROJECT MANAGER
· Gather all pertinent information from the customer and ensure completion of the Customer Information (CI) document by the scheduled due date.
· Determine hardware and software requirements, and prepare equipment lists using the latest engineering documentation.
· Release all required documents to complete the assigned project per its published schedule.
· Ensure all assigned projects are provisioned for any necessary software (BCS) upgrades and any gating hardware requirements.
· Provide engineering support to the customer, installation, and various internal Nortel departments from order input to In-Service.
· Responsible for managing the deployment of all products engineered based on the requirements captured at the initial customer (CI) meeting.
· Provide project leadership by holding regularly scheduled project review meetings both internally and with the customer.
· Document all customer and internal issues and generated an action register to ensure all issues were driven to closure.
· Train and support newly hired engineers and review their completed CI Questionnaires prior to release for verification of provisioning accuracy.
· Based on the review of the most recent engineering documentation, prepare and distribute a report to all engineers that detailed any provisioning modifications.
· Provide technical advice, coordination, and consultation to the customer and regional engineers for the introduction of new products and features.
CENTRAL TELEPHONE COMPANY OF ILLINOIS
JANUARY 1979 TO APRIL 1984
CENTRAL OFFICE EQUIPMENT ENGINEER
· Prepare budgets, work orders, equipment and installation specifications, and monthly status reports for assigned projects.
· Conduct departmental meetings as required to track the progress of each job from order input until in-service.
· Track and price out Central Office equipment for each project to prepare continuing property records and toll separation reports.
· Research and evaluate newly developed equipment for possible application within the Division.
Implementation of Equipment Re-Use Program
· Responsible for the management of de-installing, crating/packaging, and shipping of equipment to various Centel locations around the country. Older Central Office equipment that was being replaced with digital equipment was entered into a database that could be accessed by other Centel locations. Locations requiring equipment to satisfy growth could access the database to determine if their needs could be filled without having to purchase new equipment. This program was very advantageous to Centel in order to keep their office replacement project on schedule as well as not having to purchase new equipment to satisfy growth prior to the switch replacement.
GTE AUTOMATIC ELECTRIC
FEBRUARY 1975 TO JANUARY 1979
ELECTRONIC EXCHANGE ENGINEER – SOFTWARE & HARDWARE
· Compile, update, and maintain customer software assignment data.
· Create database files and run programs to detect format and/or input errors.
· Analyze and correct diagnostics found while reviewing database to prepare data for the final load tape.
· Generate new load tape for application of new assignment data into the switch.
· Provide support to installation throughout the application process.
· Analyzed customer hardware specifications and project requirements.
· Order all necessary equipment to satisfy customer’s needs and switch prerequisites.
· Update all manual and computer generated job drawings.
· Provide engineering support to the customer and installation throughout the project.
Technicians Certificate in Electronics Technology – DeVry Institute of Technology – Chicago, Illinois
TOOLS & METHODOLOGY COMPETENCY
Currently working towards PMP Certification
MS Windows & MAC OS
MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
MS-Outlook & Outlook Express