EDITORIAL MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
Editorial Director, Custom Publishing
Epsilon/Big Designs Inc., Point Pleasant Beach, NJ 2001-2008
· Assigned, wrote, or edited content for the Custom Publishing division of the third-largest U.S. marketing-services agency. Oversaw multiple edit projects for the company’s international clients, and managed multimillion-dollar budgets, while growing and maintaining a diverse network of writers and editors
· Created online and print content for clients covering pharmaceutical, financial services, fashion, computer technology, and home décor: Chase, Discover, Met Life, Capital One, Pep Boys, Enterprise, Citibank, Circuit City
Served as Editor-in-Chief: Polo.com, American Dream Homes, Do It Yourself, Small Business Success, Winning Bids, BardWorld, EDM
Editor-in-Chief, Executive Editor
Sport magazine, New York, NY 1998-2001
· Worked with Editor-in-Chief—then as E-I-C—on all editorial components, including idea generation, assignments, final edits, page proofs, and promotion
· Helped to revamp Sport‘s editorial—more provocative features, new departments—resulting in increased newsstand sales and subscriptions
· Recruited award-winning writers, while also increasing staff input
· Events covered: Super Bowl; NCAA football title game
Correspondent (2008-present); Associate Producer (1996-97)
ESPN.com: I write college basketball and football profiles, Q-and-As, and previews for ESPNPlus, and polls for SportsNation. I also wrote 96 pages of team profiles for the ESPN College Basketball Encyclopedia.
Previously, I wrote and edited content for all sports and helped to create unique, web-specific material during ESPN.com’s formative era. Events covered via interactive content included the Final Four, Stanley Cup Finals, MLB All-Star game, and MLB playoffs.
Polo.com, 2003-2006: Working at Big Designs with our client, Polo, I generated ideas, assigned stories, wrote articles, and top-edited freelance stories from writers nationally for Polo.com’s magazine-style quarterly web component.
Retail Solutions Online.com, 2008-2009: I covered retail technology for a B-to-B audience. I interviewed CEOs and top executives, and started the site’s first blog and Twitter account.
Magazines: ESPN (Assoc. Ed. ‘97-‘98); Sport; TV Guide (F-L); College Sports (M.E. ‘94-‘96)
Web/Social Media: Founder: TheOriginalStoryStore.com; also created and write two active blogs
TV: Co-hosted national CBS special with Bonnie Bernstein; local TV shots for promotion
Books: ESPN College Basketball Encyclopedia; contributed editorially to two Dick Vitale books.
Newspapers: The Philadelphia Inquirer; West Chester Daily Local News
EDUCATION: De Sales University, B.A., English, 1989