â—‹ Accomplished senior manager
â—‹ Extensive business management experience
â—‹ Skilled at building market presence
â—‹ Record of increasing revenues & profit
â—‹ Multinational Corporate 100 & 500’s
â—‹ Developed Start-up Company
â—‹ International business experience
â—‹ Experienced team builder / team Leader
· Highly effective delivering strategic business solutions by planning and strategic management and operational practices
· Developed new markets and increased penetration utilizing market knowledge and communications materials
· Customer satisfaction achieved through process measurement and continuous improvement
· Implemented team building and training & development of support staff to fulfill strategic and business planning
Education and Training
§ BS Mechanical Engineering, Paddington College, London, England
§ Either facilitated or co-facilitated Sales Management and Performance Contracting Training
§ Had continuous training in Sales and Marketing and Executive management including training in:
§ Relationship Development; Leadership; Executive Management; Training & Coaching; Interviewing, Performance Evaluation Human Resources Performance, Marketing; Operations.
§ National Mechanical Service Manager for large commercial systems for Servidyne Inc., Atlanta GA
§ Chicago Area Service Manager for commercial systems for The Trane Company, Chicago, IL.
â– The Trane Company – Columbus, OH 2007 – 2009
District Operations Manager, Ohio District – April 2009 – August 2009
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Ohio District; this includes ensuring the work is performed in a safe and efficient manner. This position also required very close coordination with contractors or product reps to absolute ensure customer satisfaction, on-time completion and maximum profitability. The service programs managed were primarily large commercial applications typically 200 – 1000 ton centrifugal chillers, large cooling towers, system pumps and air handlers and control systems for remote monitoring.
Program Manager – January 2007 – April 2009 –
Developed a new generation Performance Based Service Program launched in April 2009. This was a virtual position working from home in Lancaster Ohio reporting to the Corporate Office in St. Paul.
§ Developed unique, Performance Based Services Agreement program for commercial system applications
§ Program included management of mission critical chillers, air handlers cooling towers, pumps AHU’s.
§ Program guaranteed system uptime via remote monitoring of operation of chillers, cooling towers, AHU’s.
§ Developed all stage gate review presentations and successfully navigated through management stage gates
§ Demonstrated strong management skills Conducting successful program pilot introductions
§ Developed and implemented unique, discreet “Critical Needs Analysis” for critical equipment evaluation
§ Presented program revenue projects with $10 million by 2010 and 15% 20% incremental annual growth
§ Secured a 5 year, $1.5 million Performance Based Agreement at Arris International data center in Atlanta
â– MACNA – Circleville, OH 2001 – 2006
President and C.O.O.
Co-owner of business with full P&L and daily operational responsibility of the company. Developed and directed the company business planning, budgeting, and MIS functions. Managed and developed sales of commercial and residential products through a team of 53 national independent representatives and wholesalers..
§ Exclusive importer and distributor of High Efficiency European cast iron hot water boilers
§ Increased Sales by 300% from 2001 -2002 by effective communications and product promotion
§ Increased high quality independent representative team nationally from 35 to 55 from 2001 – 2004
§ Increased overall company GM from 30% to 40% from 2001 – 2004
§ Developed marketing strategies and support material for new products
§ Developed strong working relationship with European partners.
§ Instituted a new residential program via new, strategically located wholesalers in New England.
â– Johnson Controls Inc. [1997 – 2001] – [1982 – 1991]
1. General Manager Retail Group. (Columbus)………………………….….1999 – 2001
2. Director of Service Business Development (UK)……………………….….1997 – 1999
3. Marketing & Sales Manager (Phoenix Branch)……………………….…..1989 – 1991
4. Central Region Building Services Manager (Cleveland Ohio)……….…..1985 – 1989
5. Manager Mechanical Service Business Development (Milwaukee HQ)….1982 – 1985
1. General Manager Retail Segment; Achieved sales business growth and instituted JCI culture and policies and procedures into recently acquired retail control panel manufacturing company.
§ Increased retail market presence and sales from $6 million to $16 million from 1999 – 2000
§ Increased the business base across several key business accounts such as Borders books
§ Developed a “Big Box” store marketing strategy business development relationships.
§ Implemented cost containment program; reduced staff and shifted all manufacturing Mexico
§ Improved business efficiency and JCI margin from 38% to 40%
§ Introduced service initiatives that covered all equipment from the smaller rooftop systems to the large chillers, cooling towers AHU’s and pumps.
2. UK – Director of Service Business. – Total reorganization of service business development, delivery system and office logistics in UK branch offices. Service level agreements and performance contracts included large HVAC systems with centrifugal chillers, recip. chillers, cooling towers, AHU’s pumps and building automation systems
§ Restructuring offices and personnel, consolidation of locations and development of sales and technical staffing
§ Introduced new business platforms and Performance based Contracting processes to UK services structure
§ Instituted a major focus on servicing the system chillers, cooling towers, and other ancillary equipment
§ UK segment is now the most profitable segment in the JCI European group.
3. Branch Manager Phoenix. Develop and implement Marketing & sales policies and procedures and business plans
§ Introduced service businesses to JCI Branches Performance Contracting and broader Facility Mgmt. programs
§ Profits were increased at all locations with the introduction of newer and broader scope of service offerings
4. Regional Building Services Manager in central region; developed PC and general service business in 15 offices
5. National Mechanical Services Manager JCI Milwaukee HQ, integrate mechanical services into all JCI branches
§ During 1984 -1985 Lead member of key development team for JCI Performance Contracting Program nationally
â– Landis & Staefa (now Siemens) 1991 – 1997
Area Sales & Marketing Manager: Recruited by Landis & Staefa to develop Performance Contracting program for L&S in Ohio; also member of L&S enterprise business development steering committee. Developed new strategic business plans along with sales promotional material to market the emerging P.C Business program. Upgraded Ohio area service agreements; moved beyond the traditional building automation to include all major system components including chillers, cooling towers, AHU’s pumps, security systems etc.
§ Developed P.C. program strategies; sales were increased from $1 to $8.5 million form 1991-1996
§ Directly managed all PC sales and sales staff in the Ohio district developing strategic sales and marketing plans
§ These strategies and tactics were also utilized and modified to include mechanical services and system analyses