Dear Hiring Manager,
An Administrative Assistant in a professional establishment must have the knowledge; experience and desire to see the administrative tasks remain organized in an effort to see the company succeed. I possess all of these qualities, and I believe that I would be an excellent addition to your company in the capacity of an Administrative Assistant.
With over 10 years of international customer service experience, combined with multiple over 6 years of office administration experience; I have all the qualities needed to successfully fill this position. My international Honours Degree in Media Studies and Public Relations diploma combined with my experience will ensure that all internal administrative operations of your company remain organized and easily traced.
I strongly believe that a successful operation begins with internal organization. My positive aura, exceptional organizational skills and quick problem solving abilities make it possible for me to ensure that all daily operations are handled proficiently. My experience with a multi-account budget system will prove to be useful when understanding the importance of handling invoices in a timely manner.
I look forward to meeting with your company to discuss how my skill and experience will be an asset to your team and organization.
I hope to hear from you shortly.
Enclosures: 3 Pages
* International professional with over 10 years of experience in various industries possessing a keen focus on effective management, superb guest relations skill and expertise in office administration and organization.
* Respected team leader and team player with the ability to set up and tear down events as requested by upper management. Creative mind that allows for superior decorations of events with any theme and catered to any size crowd.
* Experience managing a multi-account budget financial system. Proficient in managing daily office operations and administration including requisitions, multiple billings and product inventory records.
* Creative Team Leadership
* Public & Media Relations
* Forecasting product usage for office orders
* Creating an inviting environment for guests
* Implementation of new office procedures
* Development of Training Materials for other staff
* New data entry and organization tactics
* Product Information and Service Seminars
Linx Lounge – Toronto, ON
New full-service lounge and restaurant facility in Toronto, Ontario
Assistant Operations Manager, 4/2009 to Present
Assist in front of house and back of house management for new restaurant and lounge venue. Managed of multi-account budget system and administration of daily office and billing procedures. Maintained daily product inventory and placing weekly orders to fill establishment requirements. Calculation of product price points to determine appropriate pricing for custom created alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
* Implemented new weekly ordering procedures to ensure consistency at venue when determining necessary quantities of product to be ordered.
* Created and educated Administrative Coordinator on proper administrative procedures to be used when accepting bills and billing clients.
* Implemented organization system for all Financial Records as well for all confidential files and employee records.
* Created a bi-weekly schedule rotation to meet the needs and requirements of all staff members as well as the meet the needs of the establishment during peak times.
* Interviewed, hired and trained bartenders on proper mixology methods and beverage presentation skills to ensure the cleanest, safest and most presentable beverages for all guests.
* Organized multiple product launch events in establishment to promote new beverage products.
* Developed a new client base of internal and external guests to rent the establishment for special events. Generated revenue for establishment through implementation of rental fees as described in the LinX Rental Agreement.
Caps Pub – Toronto, ON
On campus entertainment venue including nightclub and concert venue
Assistant Operations Manager 1/2008 to 4/2009
Acting Operations Manager, 6/2008 to 10/2008
Head Bartender/ Student Manager, 1/2004 to 1/2008
Advanced through a series of multiple jobs to become the Assistant Operations Manager. Assisted in the daily operations and enhancement initiatives for 30 year old establishment that held multiple live entertainment acts. Recreated product inventory methods to prevent product misuse and loss. Trained all bartenders on proper service standards, public health and guest relations expectations.
* Enhanced the cosmetic appearance of establishment to increase the diversity of guests, removing all old signage and selecting a more inviting dominant color.
* Reorganized all office information to allow easy access to records for beverage and financial auditors. Hired and monitored marketing interns.
* Created new office administration procedures to allow efficient payment for all requisitions, unpaid bills and group billing.
* Implemented new cash handling standards including time lines for deposits and proper recording of all checks, deposits and account withdrawals.
* Developed and trained all bartending staff on proper and responsible beverage service, while adding new items to the existing menu.
* Implemented bartending seminars to ensure that all guests were served by knowledgeable, efficient staff at all times. Conducted customer satisfaction surveys to track all customer concerns.
Middleburg Bank – Leesburg, Virginia
Leesburg Virginia’s new innovative banking institution
Accountant I, 1/ 2002 to 8/ 2003
Provided banking services to all customers including account inquiries, deposits and withdrawals. Suggested products that would allow customers banking ease and to better manage their funds. Managed a cash drawer of $50K daily.
* Assumed a lead role in the grand opening of the window-less drive thru banking.
* Helped to increase customers opening accounts at the branch through assisting with the creative promotion of the Middleburg Bank.
* Completed customer response surveys to measure customer satisfaction.
University of Guelph – Guelph, Ontario
Honours Bachelor of Media Studies, 12/2007
* Major: Media Studies with a focus on Public Relations| Vice President of Campus Life
Humber College – Toronto, Ontario
Diploma – Public Relations, 6/2007
* Major: Public Relations with a focus on community relations and event planning/management | Senior Public Relations Officer for Humber Students’ Federation
Stone Bridge High School – Ashburn, VA
Advanced Studies Diploma, 6/2003
* Completed an advanced studies diploma with a focus on advanced courses and Spanish.
Seminars, Certificates & Awards
7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Franklin Covey, 2009
Smart Serve Responsible Alcohol Beverage Service and Liability
Smart Serve Ontario, 2009
Miss Canada Globe 1st Runner Up
Miss Canada Globe Production, 2009
Miss Photogenic Canada Globe
Miss Canada Globe Production 2009
Miss Public Relations Canada Globe
Miss Canada Globe Production, 2009
Human Rights and Diversity Training
Humber College, 2009
Miss Central West Ontario
Regional Pageant, 2009
CPR & Emergency First Aid, 2008
St. Johns Emergency
Sexual Harassment Training and Prevention
Humber College, 2008
Responsible Alcohol Service and Liability Training
Caps Pub, 2008