Home , Cellular
Human Resources and Administrative professional
SUMMARY More than five years of Human Resource management experience. Background includes benefits administration, new employee orientation, payroll, recruiting, hiring, training, staff development, annual evaluations, and reviews. Additional management experience includes profit and loss, promotions, merchandising, and customer service, inventory management, shipping, and receiving.
Explanation of gaps in employment
For the gaps in my employment within 1994-1999 I had moved here from NY and worked part time until I found full time work, I mostly did retail, working at Marshalls and KOHLS. I also had my son in 1997 and stayed home with him for a while. During the most recent gaps from 2007-present I have been in school or trying diligently to find a job I can be a success at and have stability with.
2009 – 2009 Caretaker/office assistant – Home healthcare, Kannapolis, NC
Was involved in the start up of this new company and until we got all the CNA’s hired I sat with clients also that were unable to perform daily activities. I also put together new files and interviewed potential nursing assistants
• I learned a lot about starting up a business.
• I utilized my skills in Human resources to organize this company
2008 – 2008 Temporary associate – Aerotek. Charlotte, NC
Worked at Bank of America as a temp, to change over all accounts recently bought out by this bank.
• Got this project done within a timely manner, and was praised by doing so.
• used Excel spreadsheets daily
2005 – 2007 Temporary associate – Corestaff. NC
Worked as a temporary associate for various companies that needed a person with Human Resource or administrative background.
• I was hired on by SYSCO as a full time employee in their H/R department
• Two of my longer assignments were City of I gained customer service skills and improved my computer knowledge.
2005 – 2006 Human Resources Assistant – SYSCO. NC
Was assistant to the Generalist and manager, I did payroll, new hire orientations, daily filing, and helped with employee relations SYSCO asked me to represent them at their annual Food Show, my professionalism was the reason I was given this coveted position.
• Sat on Ethics committee and Advisory board
• Used excel, HRIS, intranet, mail merge, and outlook.
2000 – 2005 Human Resources Manager – Saturn Nursing and Rehabilitation. Charlotte, NC
Put together a new, more organized Human Resources dept. I activated a new payroll and time keeping system using the E-time program. Managed all payroll, benefits, workers compensation, OSHA, compliance laws, unemployment cases, FMLA, and personnel filing. Was also put over the Accounts payable department and paid bills for over 500 vendors in a timely and organized fashion. Did data entry on daily basis using Excel, HRIS, American Healthtech, Kronos, Winstar, and Citrix. Handled all employee issues.
• Facilitated the employee appreciation program.
• Attended seminars on employee benefits and employee relations.
1999 – 2000 Store Associate – Kerr Drugs. Charlotte, NC
Stocked shelves, did price changes, worked on cash register and put over stock away. I also was over the cosmetics department and put up new promotions and kept up with new products. At times I also worked as a pharmacy tech, in which I handled customer orders and filled product for the pharmacist to check over.
• I was in control of cosmetic department, and kept it more in line with current trends.
• Gained customer service knowledge and pharmacy experience
1998 – 1999 Teller – First Union. Charlotte, NC
Provided customer service to all account holders and I also set up new accounts and handled individual and commercial monetary transactions
• Provided excellent customer service
1989 – 1994 Store Associate/Manager – AAFES. West Point, NY
Started out as first job in Baskin Robbins then moved into main store where I worked in ladies clothing and recycling department. I eventually became manager over Video Store. With this new promotion I hired new employees, ordered new product and made up schedules.
• Put together Video Store from ground up.
• Learned hiring process and how to do schedules
2009 Cabarrus College of Health and Sciences, NC
Certification in Nursing Assistant
1989 H.S. Diploma, James I O’Neill, Highland Falls, NY
SKILLS • Labor Law and Regulation Compliance
• EEO / OSHA / COBRA / FMLA / ERISA / ADA / FLSA
• Employee and Management Retention
• Employee Grievance Proceedings
• Employee Management and Retention
LICENSES • NA1 certification – Cabarrus college of Health sciences, 2009 – 2009