Education BS – Business Administration. 1990
Mary Washington University. Fredericksburg, Virginia
Masters of Education – Expected
2010 (27 credit hrs completed)
Regent University, Virginia
Special Education LD Certification
2005 – 2009
Independent Sales Representative – Silpada Designs
11550 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS 66219.
Perform all duties of an account executive. Sold over $5,000 in jewelry in tree months and supervised one sales person on team.
· Set up and maintain personal website
· Gather sales leads using various techniques
· Conduct sales calls and schedule home and trade shows.
· Quote price, provide information regarding terms of sales and delivery dates.
· Provide customers with product and service information to assist them in determining
appropriate merchandise to purchase
· Recommend additional products to meet customer needs
· Develop new business within area, by marketing and selling products for the organization
· Effectively handle all types of customers and customer needs
· Demonstrate expanded knowledge and competency of all products and services
· Participate in meetings and training opportunities
· Receive and record currency and checks received in payment on purchases; post payments
to customers’ accounts and close the sale.
· Mentor new sales staff
· Build rapport and trust with contacts, identify opportunities, act with integrity and
professionalism while promoting a positive image.
· Comply with all established policies and procedures.
Special Education Teacher – Stafford County Public Schools
Parkridge Elementary School, Virginia
– Prince William County Public Schools
Featherstone Elementary. Woodbridge, Virginia
_ Fredericksburg City Schools
Lafayette Upper Elementary
Perform a full range of professional special education teaching assignments. Considerable independent judgment is used to make decisions in carrying out assignments that have significant impact on services or programs. Guidelines are available, but require adaptation or interpretation to determine appropriate course of action.
· Assess the needs of each child assigned to classroom list.
· Prepares, edit and present educational reports using Microsoft word and excel spreadsheets.
· Develop IEP (Individual Educational Program) stating each child’s present level of functioning, objective to meet each child’s needs, methods/materials used to meet those objectives, and procedures and schedules for determining when objectives are met.
· Develop and implement daily lesson plan that demonstrate how the IEP’s are being fulfill on a daily basis.
· Create learning materials geared to each student’s ability and interest.
· Coordinates integration with the regular education program when the students can appropriately learn and achieve in the regular education classes.
· Observes, evaluates, and prepares reports on progress of students.
· Coordinates all the necessary supportive services to meet student’s needs
· Interprets legal description and follow all policies and procedures of Prince William County Public Schools.
· Completes all required records, keeping each student’s IEP updated on a continual basis.
· Attend and direct IEP meetings with parents and other stakeholders.
· Communicate with parents orally and in writing.
· Maintain working relationships with administrators and parents
1998 – 2000
Asst Director/Director – Children World Learning Center
Cottage Grove, MN. Woodbridge and Lorton, VA
· Know and maintain all licensing standards
· Work with owners to prepare and adopt an annual budget to operate the program
· Collect tuition and fees, authorize payment of payroll and accounts payable
· Purchase inventory and manage supplies
· Schedule staff time
· Recruit, interview, hire, supervise, train, evaluate and terminate personnel
· Director/Asst. Director. Children’s World Learning Center. Cottage Grove, MN. 1999 – 2000
· Executive Assistant to the Vice President. Advanced Corneal Systems. Irvine, CA. 1995 – 1997
· Regulatory Assistant. National Agricultural Chemical Association (NACA). Washington, DC. 1993 -1994
· Division Office Manager. General Services Administration (GSA). Washington, DC. 1990 – 1993
· Assistant to the Construction Manager. Sizzler regional Office. Alexandria, VA. 1986 – 1988
· Food Service Procurement/Service Record Book clerk. USMC. 1982 – 1985