Globalization Expansion Professional
Globalization Business Professional with strong partnership experience. A unique perspective from working on both Enterprise client sides within Global Products and Marketing Groups and on the Localization Service Providers (LSP) side as a Globalization Strategist and Business Development professional. Key qualified areas of expertise are:
§ Program /Project Management • Global Marketing • Partnership Development
§ Business Development • Account Management • Globalization Strategist
· TMS systems; (WorldServer, Across, SDL, Globalsight)
· TM expertise; (TMX, TBX, UTX) Trados;
· Machine Translation Experience: (Language Weaver, Barcelona)
· L10N Business Expertise: International SEO, Crowdsourcing, Social Networking
Global Marketing and Global Product Groups
· Delivered Sybase database software and documentation in 6 languages. – Spearheaded localization of the first global products at Sybase.
· Delivered Sybase Corporate Marketing materials into 10 languages including format review, scheduling and hand-off to countries for production..
· Educated and trained Sun Tech Pubs divisions on universal development of English product documentation to ensure global uniformity.
· Implemented LISA Standards throughout Sun’s marketing and technical publications groups.
· Managed and tracked multi million dollar budgets for localized products and Corporate Marketing materials, including projected and actual costs.
· Selected and trained translation vendors on Corporate tools and best practices.
· Document processes and procedures of Global Products Group to comply with ISO standards.
Consultant and Global Marketing Groups
· Managed and tracked multi million dollar localization budgets for Corporate Marketing departments.
· Spearheaded the migration of all global corporate marketing materials to centralized hubs in Europe, Asia Pacific and South America, thus resulting in 25% decreased global marketing costs and more control over regional marketing distribution.
· Identified topics from clients and developed educational Webinars, Datasheets, Case Studies and Email Campaigns to excavate new business.
· Launched Worldwide PR, Advertising and Marketing campaigns for Asia Pacific Region which increased exposure to their regional market.
· Set up and ran Worldwide Marketing Managers meetings at Corporate.
Business Development and Account Management
· Facilitate strategy meetings specific to customer’s localization needs to deliver full service localization solutions including; translation, builds and testing and workflow of localized products.
· Close Enterprise accounts by creating customized Requests for Proposals (RFP) geared specifically toward the customer’s needs outlining specific methodologies and budgets for each client.
· Develop existing dormant Enterprise clients into revenue exceeding limits.
· Attend Quarterly Performance Reviews (QPRs) to track progress of projects and run Post Mortems.
· Use Social Networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter and client based social networking systems to connect with key decision makers.
Client Side (internal teams) and 3rd party
· Developed successful partnerships with GMS (Idiom Technologies, Across) and CMS (Ektron) tools companies to land Enterprise level accounts. Activities included co branding marketing materials, co-presenting in sales cycles, exhibiting/speaking at conferences and joint webinars.
· Partnered with Sun Microsystems’s Acquisition group to deliver globalized solutions to newly acquired companies.
· Attended major conferences and presented localization and GMS offerings with partners.
· Negotiated involvement from other departments (Global Offices, Tech Pubs, Product Administration, Materials, Pubs Ops, Shipping and Marketing) to facilitate buy off, for the delivery of localized products.
LIONBRIDGE TECHNOLOGIES 2008 – 2009
Sr. Globalization Strategist / Business Development SF Bay Area
VISTATEC 2005 – 2008
Sr. Globalization Strategist / Partnership Development Director Dublin, Ireland
ENLASO Corporation 2003 – 2005
Sr. Globalization Strategist / Business Development Director San Francisco,
SKYSOFT Corporation 2001 – 2003
International Account Manager Santa Clara,
SYBASE, Inc. 1993- 1996
Marketing Globalization Manager, Global Marketing Group (Promoted)
Globalization Program Manager, Global Products Group
SUN MICROSYSTEMS, Inc. 1990- 1993
Globalization Program Manager, Localized Products Group SunSoft Mountain View,
· PMP Certification in Process through PMI Institute, Sun Microsystems Project Management Training
· CCS – Customer Centric Selling Sales Training
· The Work of Byron Katie – Inquiry Facilitator
· Associations: PMI, Institute, Women in Consulting, NCWL (Northern Cal. Women in Localization), LISA (Localization Industry Standards Association), CSA (Common Sense Advisory)
· UOP – University of the Pacific – Stockton,