Mary E. Orr
Product Marketing, Product Management, Software Marketing, Brand Marketing, Brand Management, Professional Services Marketing, Product Launch, Channel Marketing, Marketing Communications, Social Networks, Supply Chain, On Demand Marketing, OnDemand Marketing, Management, SCM, Supply Chain Management, Database Marketing, Consumer Insights and Buying Behavior, Digital Marketing, Digital Media, Customer Relationship Management, CRM, Customer Loyalty Programs, Sales Support, Process Improvement, Event Management, Trade Show Management, Social Media, Customer Retention, Customer Acquisition, Marketing Operations, Sales Operations, B2B Marketing, Business to Business Marketing, Best Practices, ERP, Client Management, Team Building, Alliance Marketing, Reputation Marketing
- Strong leader, adept at developing and managing marketing plans to drive business results.
- Effective at strategic planning, product management and marketing, database and channel marketing, digital media, social networks, and business-to-business and consumer insights leading to $6 billion annually when implemented globally.
- Proven ability to be a change agent, driving best practices for improving the customer experience, customer intelligence and loyalty, communications, and sales operations.
- Evaluated Salesforce.com usage across four business units, recommending a data strategy.
- Researched and created strategy for using social networks in B2B and B2C marketing.
- Assessed account management effectiveness, recommending strategy and new processes.
- Created messaging, positioning; C-level executive and board-of-directors presentations.
IBM ï¿½ ATLANTA, GA 1997-2006
Marketing Programs Executive, Global Small & Medium Business, 1999-2006
- Developed new business through comprehensive go-to-market plans with alliance partners Siebel Systems, Onyx Software, Relavis, Supply Chain Consulting, MAPICS, and Cisco using interactive, digital media, database marketing, and traditional print marketing.
- Grew alliance revenue to over $330 million. Co-launched Siebel CRM OnDemand.
- Managed sales pipeline jointly with each partner.
- Directed work teams of 10-15 professionals and agency personnel for each alliance to develop co-branded, bundled services, product offerings, and lead generation plans.
- Developed marketing plans for ERP, CRM, supply chain, digital media, wireless, SaaS, and infrastructure for industrial, retail, wholesale, banking, and financial services sectors using interactive, digital media, database marketing, and traditional print marketing.
- Grew worldwide revenues to $6 billion annually ($2 billion services) when implemented.
- Determined portfolio gaps and directed virtual work teams of 10-50 professionals to close gaps by developing new co-branded products and services offerings.
- Directed content creation and logistics for Global Supply Chain Management Executive conferences, generating $153 million revenue on a budget of $6 million, managing team of 25+.
Solutions Sales Manager, IBM Global Services, 1997-1999
- Identified and qualified opportunities for large, outsourced technology learning services engagements. Exceeded $10 million quota and grew customer satisfaction rate to 98%.
TEXAS INSTRUMENTS, Software Division, ï¿½ DALLAS, TX, AND NORCROSS, GA, 1981-1997
Global Marketing Programs Director ï¿½ 1988-1997
- Directed worldwide programs to educate users on ComposerTM (application development tool) and provide them best practices in application development.
- Managed 125-person team and annual program budget of $5 million.
- Over 70% of existing customers purchased $60 million in additional software and services as a result of marketing programs.
- Improved customer satisfaction rates for Composer to 93% over nine years.
- Developed and deployed policy for outsourcing and operations.
- Created product pricing guidelines.
- Planned and implemented conferences, seminars, executive briefings, and focus groups.
- Directed public relations firm to create press releases, advertising, and brand promotion.
- Implemented direct mail, telemarketing, and web campaigns.
- Managed ComposerTM product launch activities.
Manager, Global Business Application Development, 1986-1988 * Prepared business plan to establish application development group. Managed five international development teams with 30 professionals, building customized applications for Composer customers. Generated revenues of $9 million.
Manager, Global Product and Marketing Support, 1985-1986 * Managed a team of 10 professionals to create embedded software training and documentation for three commercial releases of Composer, resulting in fewer customer support calls. Improved testing rates over 40%.