To utilize my skills and experience as a support staff member to assist in the provision of outstanding care to Customers.
Experience in office project management and specialized account management
Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Quick Books, and MediSoft
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
Extremely motivated and detail oriented
Highest level of integrity
Adams and Garth Staffing
October 2009 – December 10, 2009
. Performs chart audits on all patient charts from the last two years
. Pull patient charts for daily appointments
. Pull charts and distribute messages to appropriate physicians
Chesapeake Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Center Glen Burnie and Hanover Maryland
October 2003 – July 2009
· Perform bookkeeping activities including updating and maintaining financial database of transactions of up to $20,000/day
· Assisted medical providers as needed with patient preparation for medical and diagnostic procedures
· Prioritize patient daily care according to acuity and scheduled patient procedures
· Compile and control daily patient appointment schedule
· Perform preventive maintenance on emergency equipment
· Assist with patient and family education
· Complete chart audits
· Prepare charge slips and daily deposits
· Took vitals and recorded those vitals on the chart after putting patients in room for appt.
· Confirmed that all test results and notes were attached to the chart for the office visit.
· Checked last office note and if physician stated that patient needed x-rays before visit, the x-ray sheet was written up and patient was taken to x-ray dept for x-ray and returned to room for visit.
· Filled in in the X-ray department for approx. 6 months with pulling x-ray jackets for physician and writing up paperwork for patient to have x-ray done at the request of the doctor and after the x-ray was completed I assisted in the development of the x-rays.
Nancy Adams Personnel l Columbia, MD
January 2003 – October 2003
· Greeted Customers that came in to the office.
· Opened and distributed incoming mail to the appropriate person.
· Directed the customers to the appropriate salesperson and notified the salesperson of the customer’s arrival.
· Provided Clerical help as well as help with copying seminar materials and copying disks for the presentations.
· Attending seminars and greeting customers and giving them the appropriate paperwork needed for the seminars.
· Helped set up for office meetings or seminars that the salesmen had in office as well as outside facilities. Got the pamphlets together and ordered the food that was needed.
· Ordered Office supplies on a weekly basis.
· Answered a 10 line switchboard.
Dr. Viener, Orthopaedic Surgeon Laurel, MD
December 2001 – October 2002
· Greeted incoming patients.
· Received patients co pay
· Set up patients follow up appts.
· Confirmed the patient’s coverage of their insurance before the office visit.
· Called and obtained any needed referrals for the patient visit.
· Printed out all Encounter forms for each patient for the following day and attached it to the chart.
· Pulled charts and made sure the correspondence was attached for the visit.
· Dispersed x-ray reports and lab results to the physician for review and then called the patient at the request of the physician and filed the results in the patients chart.
· Took incoming calls and set up appts for the patient and took messages and dispersed the messages to the appropriate physician.
· Got the paperwork and charts pulled and put in a briefcase for the physician to see patients at the satellite office.
Dr. Rafiq Mian Laurel, MD
May 2000 – December 2001
· Greeted incoming patients and received the patient’s co pays.
· Confirmed any test results or messages were attached to the patients chart for the visit.
· Confirmed benefits with the insurance company before patient came in.
· Called for referrals that were needed for the treatment of the patient.
· Distributed any test results or notes that need to be given to physician for review.
· After review of the patient’s results I would call and relay that to the patient upon doctor’s request.
· Took incoming calls and logged messages and handled patients that needed follow up appts.
· Handled hard copies of the medical files.
References available upon request