· Professional with background in research methodology, technical and medical writing, statistics, project and data management.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
Texas State University
Master of Arts: December 2002
Thesis title: Fibromyalgia and working memory: Does a longer duration of fibromyalgia lead to greater impairment of memory?
Major: Health psychology—Research methodology and statistics track. This program taught the proper planning and conduct of research for behavioral management of physical illnesses and conditions. Much of the curriculum focused on planning studies, structuring data sets for analysis, performing and interpreting statistical analyses.
Louisiana State University
Bachelor of Science: May 1995
Silent Partners, Inc. Oct. 2003 to June 2004
Oct. 2007 to Jan. 2010
Client Communication Specialist
Because Silent Partners is a small company, I held responsibility for a number of areas that would be separate job titles at a larger company, including client relations and communications, technical/medical writing and editing, clinical data management, statistical analyses, project and team coordination.
· Facilitated up to 8 simultaneous teams of subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop or revise best practice documents in clinical data management. This included SME team communications and management, timeline management, coordinating and facilitating Web and phone conferences, substantive editing or original composition. Topics included data acquisition and entry, edit check specifications, data management plan development, data privacy, electronic data capture, patient-reported outcomes, metrics, laboratory data handling, dictionary management, assuring and measuring data quality, data management standards, database and systems validation, database closure, vendor management, and project management.
· Developed and wrote both company- and project-specific standard operating procedures and work instructions.
· Developed and maintained project plans and project status reports.
· Assisted with Case Report Form (CRF) and study protocol design and revision.
· Managed clinical data for medical device study, including overseeing data entry, data cleaning, CRF design, database design, communications with sponsor and monitoring personnel, training medical monitors in use of electronic data capture system and associated query resolution system.
· Performed and interpreted statistical analyses for interim and final reports.
· Drafted or edited articles submitted for publication to various refereed medical journals.
· Researched and drafted white papers on various topics in the medical device field, including orthopedics, urology, cardiothoracic surgery, and various laparoscopic and endoscopic procedures.
· Proposed, researched and wrote cover stories for award-winning professional engineering magazine. These cover stories frequently involved telephone interviews. Also performed overall magazine editing and proofreading.
Self Employed, Real Estate June 2004 to Oct. 2007
Responsible for identifying and marketing to potential real estate buyers and sellers, identifying and analyzing suitable properties, preparing cash flow analyses and projections for investors, and guiding clients through all aspects of buying and selling both residential and commercial real estate.
American Cancer Society Jan 2002 to March 2003
Cancer Information Specialist
Disseminated information to cancer patients and family members, including cancer information relating to prevention, etiology, diagnosis, epidemiology, treatment, and financial assistance.
Responsible for grading student assignments, test preparation, and lecturing in multiple courses, including Sensation and Perception, Introduction to Statistics, Multicultural Studies, Marriage and Family.
Data collection, data management, data analysis, and preparing reports of study results for multiple studies performed by the Office of Academic Affairs.
Software and Other Knowledge Areas
Skilled in the use of:
· the entire MS Office suite
· Adobe Acrobat
· WebEx and similar Web conferencing tools
· Filemaker Pro
· PubMed and Web-search strategies.
I am familiar with:
· FDA regulations and guidance documents
· ICH guidelines
· CDISC standards
I plan to take the Certified Clinical Data Manager examination in the near future.