Objective: To be the top producing sales person in your company.
Offering: While working a majority of my selling career on commission, I have learned to offer my products or services in an enthusiastic, persistent and intelligent manner. Being a professionally trained sales person, I will contribute handsomely to the company with a story to tell and a superior product to sell.
Sales and Management Profile:
ABC Supply Area Sales Representative February ’06- Present
As a territorial sales rep for the largest building material supplier in the nation, I call on builders and contractors in 11 counties throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Annual sales for 2009 will be in excess of $3,400,000 while maintaining average gross margins in the mid-20 percent range. This will be a 30% increase in sales and a 22% increase in margin from 2008. Entered the company’s top producer list in May 2008. Currently ranked 30th ( September 2009 ) of approximately 625 sales people.
National Coatings, Inc Regional Manager April ‘04 – July ‘05
Responsible for selling hardwood floor finish through distribution and directly to flooring contractors in an 18 state territory. Customer service, sales training and problem resolution were some of the many duties required to maintain and grow the territory. 60% overnight travel was required to maintain presence in the territory.
· Grew assigned territory from $1,550,000 to over $2,200,000 in a 16 month period despite 90% of my product line deemed illegal by the EPA in over half of my territory in 2005.
· Opened or maintained a dominate position with 16 of the industries top 26 contractors in my region.
· NWFA industry certifications earned were in Finance, Management, Finishing and Marketing & Installing.
AGL Laser Source East Coast Regional Manager June ‘98 – April ‘04
The territory consisted of eastern Canada and Maine to Florida. AGL manufactures interior, grade, sewer and machine control products for the construction industry. Responsibilities included new dealer acquisition and management along with working with existing distribution, salesmen training and territorial negotiations. 75% overnight travel was required to properly manage the territory.
· Maintained over a 15% sales increase annually throughout the territory. $2.6 million in annual sales my last year with the company.
· Specialized in OSHA safety training seminars with the highlight being training and certifying over 110 personnel for the largest contractor in Connecticut.
Page 2, Donovan
Del Val Roofing & Siding Estimator and sales Sept. ‘93 – Jan. ‘98
I was responsible for residential estimating, pricing and selling our construction services to homeowners. Our products were roofing, siding and windows, primarily GAF and Certainteed. Heavy emphasis on in home sales presentations and contract negotiations.
· Created numerous sales programs to increase company awareness.
· Showed 20%+ increases in sales each year I was with the company.
Donovan Associates Agency Principle June ’83 – Aug. ‘93
Developed and operated a Manufacturer’s Representatives agency that represented 4 manufacturers in the construction industry. Calling on construction and surveying distributors throughout the Northeast and Canada, with David White Instruments being the company’s lead line.
· Annual sales of approximately $6,500,000 wholesale.
· Revenue generated of $375,000 + annually. All was earned commission.
· Served as Regional Manager for David White Instruments with 2 salesmen reporting to me.
· Employed 2 outside salesmen along with office and warehouse staff.
· Grew the instrument business from $400,000 annually to over $5,000,000 annually in the 10 years I managed the territory.
Sales Training: Dale Carnegie