· I am seeking an opportunity, where I can utilize my knowledge of Chemistry and Biology.
· Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, India 1981
· Graduate School Courses in chemistry, India 1982
· Technical course of industrial chemical testing pollution control by Gujarat State, India 1984
· Certificate course in MS windows Application. India
· Ability to work in a laboratory environment independently and in a group.
· Analytical chemistry, Quantitative Analysis (QA/QC)
· Worked with various Power Plant Equipment such as PH meter, Spectrophotometer, Conductivity meter, Bomb Calorie meter.
· Gas Chromatography (GC use and maintenance)
· High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC use and Maintenance)
· Knowledge on use of UV/VIS and densitometer
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Familiarity with Excel for Spreadsheet, graphing, and statistical applications
· cGMP training
Sparhawk Veterinary Laboratories, Inc.
Quality Control Chemist September 2006- Present
· Analytical testing of raw materials, in-process and finished products within USP and cGMP Specifications.
· It is my responsibility to review all mathematical calculation, testing method, data, chromatography before releasing batch record of each chemist.
· OOS investigation done according to the procedures.
· Responsible for method validation, develop maintenance methods, maintenance and troubleshooting for instruments.
· Submit the updates for changes in control.
· Responsible from beginning to end of the stability sample testing in certain time window.
Train and guide other colleagues within the department.
Hindu Temple, KS December 2008- Present
· Keeping track of temple timings
· Answering phone calls courteously and efficiently
· Scheduling variety types of puja
· Organizing calendar for hall rentals
· Recording and managing donations and money received for services
· Monitoring supplies needed for the temple
· Give tours to the visitors and explain basic concepts
· Keeping eyes on temple’s security and safety
Lab One, Lenexa, KS
Tox-Oral fluid extractor March 2005- June 2006
· Average accuracy was ninety seven percent for sample testing.
· Prepared test specimens that are positive for screening and perform numerous laboratory assignments for the Toxicology to confirm the positive results.
· Extract oral fluid/urine for drug of abuse using procedures as specified in the SOP. Extraction may include proficiency testing samples.
Clinical References Lab, Lenexa, KS
Tox R & D Analytical Chemist July 2004 – March 2005
· Screening of Oral Fluid Specimens to detect various types of drugs (Cocaine, PCP, Amphetamine, Methamphetamine, THC and Opiates) using OraSure Technology & STC Reagents, and swat patches to detect various types of drugs using DSX instrument.
· Perform a Protoporphyrin (ZZP) test of blood to detect iron deficiency in blood donors.
Clinical Reference Lab, Lenexa, KS.
GC/MS Sample Prep Chemist (Tox confirmation) Nov. 1999- Jan. 2002
· Perform chemical extraction for various drugs using SOP, which is strict adherence and may require the use of automated equipment Operate GC/MS equipment for placement & sequencing of the sample vials.
· Assist in departmental training for sample prep chemist.
Lab Technician/Lab Assistant in HIV/Serology Dept., Jan. 1998-Nov. 1999
· Perform testing of urine, serum saliva specimen for HIV, Cocaine, Nicotine & Amylase with supervision using Organ on Teknica & STC Reagents in to system.
· Perform maintenance on equipment to ensure proper function.
· Maintain all records of positive saliva /cocaine tests.
· Responsible for start-up of computer, MPP, Hamilton, Reders & Multidrops each morning.
TOX Set- up Clerk II, June 1997- Dec 1998
Ahmedabad Electricity Co. Ahmedabad, India (second largest generating electricity in India)
Lab Supervisor (Senior Chemist), Nov. 1981- March 1997
· Supervised conversion of raw water to distilled and soft water using equipments from BHEL(Bharat heavy Electrical co. Ltd), which provides equipments for power plant cross the world.
· Performed quality control procedures for water to use in turbine for steam generate, and soft water cycle.
· Maintain the standard parameter of stem and soft water using various chemicals.
· Utilized highly sophisticated equipments such as spectrophotometer, PH meter, conductivity meter, and calibrating instruments to perform metallurgical analysis.
· Analyzed quality and grade of row coal to measure the heat using Bomb calorimeter.
· Hire and appropriately trained new employees.
· Maintain employees, procedure, safety and instruments record.
· Supervise and manage the laboratory and water plant.