Pawtucket R.I. 02861
Objective- Seeking a position in Management . Exceptionally talented, knowledgeable and resourceful Manager with great experience in directing and managing store staff to protect company assets, maintaining store conditions, presentation, maximizing sales and gross profits, customer relations, associate relations, proper controls such as sanitation, merchandising, ordering, Kronos payroll and record keeping.
· Strong ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
· Exceptional ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
· Great knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
· Remarkable ability to perform IBM cash register functions to generate reports.
· Huge knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
· Sound and effective oral and written communication skills.
· Profound and effective interpersonal skills.
· Uncommon knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling and termination practices including legal compliance and internal processes.
· Exceptional knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE program, etc.).
· Excellent organization skills with attention to detail.
· Strong ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
· Strong ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Uncommon ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
PriceRite Supermarket, Cranston, RI 02910
Assistant Store Manager
· Maintain store conditions per company standard.
· Maximize store sales.
· Develop and maintain a team concept to improve associate morale, communication, and ultimately, working conditions.
· Maximize store profits and gross profit margins.
· Achieve and surpass productivity and payroll goals in each department.
· Control and execute shrink standards.
· Comply with company and governmental sanitation standards.
· Ensure proper inventory levels and controls.
· Establish and maintain a working relationship with all support staff and supervisors.
· Manage the recruitment, development, training and counseling of all associates.
· Manage others and adhere to company human resource and personnel policies as well as state and federal laws.
· Maintain an ongoing awareness of competitive activity in the immediate marketing area.
· Ensure proper usage compliance and handling of all supplies.
· Ensure proper maintenance and safe use of equipment.
· Establish community involvement.
· Manage, supervise and provide leadership to approx. 75 team members in the store.
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Albertsons 1750 East Charleston Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89104 2000 – 2005
§ Maintain overall cleanliness of each department and that product levels including sale items were full. Ensuring that all grocery ends were full and signed correctly including side stacks and aisle displays.
· Communicate with the various department heads about any concerns they may have with their respective departments. Getting feedback from the store director and grocery manager about any changes that would need to be completed on displays or ends before shift ends.
· Working out delivery times ensuring that all trailers were pulled and dropped into their proper department areas. Overall maintaining appropriate standards throughout the entire sales floor regardless of issues that might arise within an inner or outer department. Verify all cash registers are in balance as well as armor drops and media bags so that they are properly secured inside the main safe. Completing the daily reports that allow the computer system to roll over into the next days business.
· Lastly taking a final walk of the sales floor and backrooms making sure that all doors are secured and that refrigeration temperatures are within toleration communicate with the grocery night crew about and concerns that the grocery manager may have, and that the night crew supervisor is aware of any problems that would affect that shift.
Business Administration Classes
Honorable Discharge Marine Corps