SENIOR LEVEL MANAGEMENT: Regional Sales Manager, District Manager, Senior Account Manager
Snyder’s of Hanover, Hanover, PA – 2008
* Snyder’s bought out previous employer Jays Foods, Inc. in December 2007
The2nd largest salty snack food company in the United States behind Frito Lay
District Sales Manager:
· Directed all aspects of the sales operation covering Northeast/Central Wisconsin, including managing the P&L, conducting sales calls and promotions while developing major chain and independent customer relations. Developed new business with existing and new retail accounts as well as up and down the street accounts throughout the district. Recruited, managed and developed all independent distributors.
· Reworked the complete district to create18 profitable individual independent operators as well as 1 multi route large independent operator and worked with each on a 1:1 basis to ensure they had all the correct tools to maximize their route and personal potential.
· Exceeded both plan and profit by over 8% each quarter.
Jays Foods, LLC, Chicago, IL – 2004 – 2007
One of the oldest and largest family owned and operated potato chip companies in the Midwest, producing brands under the Jays label as well as Kruncher Chips and Oke-Doke Popcorn.
Senior District Sales Manager
· Charged with driving salty snack category market share up for Northeast and Central Wisconsin, as well as Upper Michigan region. Set up and conducted all necessary sales promotions and marketing to increase the sales volume of salty snacks handled by Jays Foods, Inc. In first year, turned a negative profit region into a profitable and sustainable region, while executing the company budget for sales volume/profit.
· Supervised two area managers and fifteen company owned sales route personnel in sales of salty snacks, establishing strategies to drive sales with new and existing customers. Called on senior-level decision makers at key accounts in the market segments of grocery, convenience store, food service, and mass merchandisers. Used relationships built throughout years in sales to increase sales and profit to double-digit figures each fiscal year from 2004-2007.
· Achieved 16-18% sales growth in two major chain accounts- Roundy’s Foods and Piggly Wiggly Foods.
Dr. Pepper Snapple Group (Snapple Beverage Group), Plano, TX – 2002-2004
*Bought out previous employer, Nantucket Allserve, in May, 2002
Dr Pepper Snapple Group is one of the largest beverage companies in the Americas. Manufacturing, marketing and distributing more than 50 brands of carbonated soft drinks, juices, ready to drink teas, mixers and other premium beverages.
Regional Sales Manager
· Developed and directed growth strategies for the development of Snapple, Mistic, Nantucket Nectars, Yoo – Hoo Chocolate Drink, Stewart’s Premium Sodas and Orangina with over 35 distributors as well as opening 5 additional new distribution markets in a seven state area of the upper Midwest.
· Achieved major distribution throughout the region in food service and convenience chains with accounts such as Sysco, US Foods Service, Farner-Bocken, and Martin Brothers.
· Responsible for leading the efforts to secure distribution of the Snapple Beverage Group brands by making key headquarter account calls with all grocery, convenience, food service, and mass merchandisers within the Midwest region.
· Executed the budget plan and achieved quarterly growth of both sales and profit each quarter for the 2002-2004 tenure.
Nantucket Allserve, Cambridge, MA – 1999-2002
The “Ben & Jerry’s” of the freshly squeezed juice industry. Tom First and Tom Scott started this business in 1991 by taking local grocery store fruit, using a blender and creating different juice concoctions and served these freshly squeezed juices to the residents and tourists on the island. This slowly grew into a multi-million dollar company with distribution starting on the east coast and pushing westward throughout the United States.
Regional Sales Manager
· Built a distribution network of forty-four distributors from the ground up in a 10 state area within the Midwest by providing leadership and expertise in market development to an area that had no prior knowledge of Nantucket Nectars.
· Created sales numbers of over $1 million in the first year of Midwest development.
· Worked directly with food service distributors such as Sysco, US Food Service, and Farner-Bocken to develop an on premise distribution network in accounts such as 3M Corporation, Bruegger Bagels, Noodles & Company, Qdoba, the US Government buildings, among many others.
· Recruited and managed sales personnel in the area of District Managers to work with new distributors, to further develop of the Nantucket Nectar brand within the Midwest territory in the ten state area.
National Beverage Corporation (Everfresh/LaCroix), Chicago, IL – 1997-1999
National Beverage Corporation, established in 1985, with such brands as Shasta, Faygo, LaCroix Sparkling Water, Everfresh Juices, among others. Beverage Digest ranks National Beverage Corporation as the fifth top carbonated soft-drink company in the United States. National Beverage Corporation annual sales exceeds $500 million.
District Sales Manager
· Responsible for developing a distribution network, and then establishing strategies to drive sales and distribution within distributors territory by calling on senior level decision makers of grocery, convenience, food service, mass merchandisers, as well as “up and down the street” accounts for the brands Everfresh Juices and La Croix Sparkling Water within Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
· Developed and restructured a broker network for 5 major grocery store chains with the LaCroix Sparkling Water brand and grew the brand by over 50% within the first year.
· Generated new sales of Everfresh Juices with major food service and convenience chains to increase brand awareness and have sale increases that exceeded 30%
· Executed all sales budgets and P&L for the district and increased total distribution by over 50% as well as a 21% increase in profit in just under two years.
Green Bay 7-Up Bottling Co., Green Bay, WI – 1994-1996
Local distributor of 7-Up/Dr. Pepper brands to a 5 county area in Wisconsin with annual sales exceeding $1.5 million
Key Account Manager
· Responsible for achieving all sales and profit goals in six major grocery stores as well as calling on mass merchants and chain convenience store buyers in the Green Bay market. Executed all sales promotions to increase sales volume and profit for the company.
· Achieved sales increases of 12% in the six major grocery stores responsible for in 1994, and 6% in 1995.
Coca-Cola Bottling of Wisconsin, Green Bay, WI – 1975-1993
Local distributor of Coca-Cola brands to a 5 county area in Wisconsin with annual sales exceeding $3 million
District Sales Manager
· Responsible for ensuring all sales goals were met by developing and training 16 route sales personnel while maintaining buyer relationships for major accounts, chain stores, convenience stores, mass merchants, food service, as well as “up & down the street” accounts and setting up all promotional activity to ensure proper distribution of all Coca-Cola branded products within a five county area.
· Achieved #1 profit division for 7 consecutive years.
· Wisconsin “District Sales Manager of the Year” for 5 years.
· Responsible for all in-store promotional activity in the area
· Responsible for the #1 route in district for two years and winner of numerous sales incentive awards
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
Major: Business and Marketing
Sales Force I with Duke Maines
Sales Force II with Duke Maines
Strategic Selling ~ Presentation Skills ~