Senior-Level Manager: Information Technology
Consulting & Client Support â— Telecom, Manufacturing & Retail Industries â— Global Markets
Subject Matter Expert in deploying and managing mission critical global IT solutions with eight years experience servicing Australia & New Zealand’s market leading companies across all industries. Top education led to a progressive career, quickly rising through the ranks of Hewlett Packard to take on leadership role at Mission Critical Solution Center. Key strengths include process-driven problem solving, global project management, client relationship management and resource planning and allocation. Talented in people development, employing a hands-off method when possible. Level-minded attitude and pragmatic decision making processes yield a state of calmness even during extreme pressure situations.
HEWLETT PACKARD AUSTRALIA (HP), Melbourne, Australia (2001-Current)
The largest technology company in the world and leading technology company in Australasian Region.
Senior Resolution Manager – Global Mission Critical Solution Center, 2005-Current
- Direct client solution efforts with highest level of support to HP’s most important customers on business critical platforms.
- Build relationships with clients, communicate progress and recommend actions based on identified needs.
- Primary escalation contact for customers during problem solution phase
- Manage internal team, as well as third party vendors, and communicate all executive and technical requirements to HP management and staff in the Australia and New Zealand Critical Solution Center.
- Train and mentor all Regional Resolution Managers.
- Final approval on all configuration changes recommended by HP to customer environments.
- Drive the definition and adoption of the Resolution Manager function in HP’s Mission Critical organization worldwide.
- Created procedure to temporarily fix a catastrophic multi-million dollar system failure that had caught on fire due to a minor explosion, enabling insurance department’s development organization (87 employees) to continue running during week-long replacement period.
- Applied structured problem solving techniques to out-of-control troubleshooting project for the third largest telecommunications provider in Australia, stopping a $100K/day revenue leakage caused by non-obvious minor glitch in the configuration of a vendor-supplied application for back-end billing system.
- Regional lead in defining a process for global standardization of patch analysis delivery, moved repeatable process offshore to lower-cost countries India & Costa Rica, thereby reducing consumption of high-value resources by 80%.
- Identified as model resolution manager and asked by Global Director of Mission Critical Center to create company standard definition for critical role and to develop premium training for global employee base – new definition and training will execute in Q1 2009 as part of initiative to decrease costs by 10% through standardization.
- Voted as the Resolution Manager of the Year (2007) for HP Australia by the Mission Critical Business Development Managers.
- Recipient of 13 eAwards – manager nominated awards – over the past five years.
Workforce Development Manager & Technical Training Lead, June-September 2005
- Chosen to fill-in for key in-house management position for manager on sabbatical.
- Ran operations for technical training sessions to service employee base of 4,500.
- Liaised with support organization managers to forecast training needs on a quarterly basis.
- Managed $450K USD annual training budget for support organization.
- Executed an average of 45 courses per quarter on-time and on-budget, reaching 15% of workforce with most up-to-date training.
- Improved training session target attendance rate and lowered employee frustration by instituting a training schedule delivery process with enough lead-time to allow for pre-planning of travel and work coverage.
Technical Consultant & Team Lead, 2003-2005
Associate Technical Consultant, 2001-2002
- Execute client projects beginning in system and user acceptance testing, escalating up to migration and deployment of client systems.
- Career path accelerated by management to a level of responsibility 5-years in advance of company norm to lead projects as expert in data and customer migration.
Configuration & Release Manager and Deployment Manager (2004-2005)
- Hand-picked to help rescue project that was two-years late and +$5M over budget for a leading telecommunications company.
- Brought order and control to out of control production environments.
- Responsible for the deployment of product, product customizations and custom developed software from multiple vendors onto a complex platform, including designing and implementing processes.
- Identified need for drastic change in project based on missing capabilities and technically impossible deliverable, concluding analysis recommended an increase in timeline of one-year and +$20M to achieve goals, ultimately resulting in project termination.
Migration & Training Team Leader and Test Team Member (2003-2004)
- Key contributing member for HP Australia’s largest and most successful project in history involving Australia’s largest telecommunications company and the overhaul of their broadband platform.
- Managed production rollouts and all associated customer communication.
- Led five other team leads and fifteen others to analyze and resolve issues under pressure on mission critical production systems during deployments.
- Developed revised deployment strategy within first two months of taking on Migration Lead role to better meet customer’s objectives of minimal risk and impact, while at the same time reducing HP’s risk and increasing project profitability.
- Execution-focused roll for numerous small to mid-sized projects on broadband platforms at a leading ISP.
- Projects involved collaborating with third party vendors on a daily basis.
- Delivered 8 projects on-time and on-budget.
- Identified new and innovative ways to reduce impact and reduce risk involving the use of temporary licenses to develop a more flexible workflow so the client never lost any data.
- Received a letter of commendation from the customer due to superior project delivery.
BE with Honors, Software Engineering: University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia (1997 – 2000)
98th Percentile National Ranking out of High School: Presbyterian Ladies’ College, Melbourne, Australia
Kepner-Tregoe Problem Solving and Decision Making (2007)
ITIL V3 Foundations Certified, ITIL Certification Management Board (2008)
Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute (2009)