Resume Of Rex W Reid
I offer over 7 years total oilfield experience, with 5 years drilling fluid experience with telecom experience as well. This experience includes exceptional organizational and coordinating skills on and offshore. I have a strong background in interpersonal and supervisory skills and am able to work well without supervision. I was also responsible for field supervision on well sites; coordination between clients and personnel; writing, post well audits (recaps, etc.); and maintaining drilling fluid properties on a given project. I have a strong background in drilling fluid practices and techniques; and solids control analysis (closed loop systems). I have also supervised the maintenance of drilling fluid warehouses along with the distribution of products. I have a strong technical background in abnormal pressures; loss circulation; Hydrogen Sulfide gas; highly deviated well bores with depleted sands; and the uncanny ability to keep track of all fluid on an hourly basis where it is going (formation, mechanical, etc.). I also have knowledge of drilling fluid mixing facilities. I have been operating computers for the last 10 years and can trouble shoot most computer issues. I have a collection of drilling fluid computer programs. I am capable of designing spreadsheets, templates, and other correspondence. With the rising costs of drilling and producing given projects, I feel it is essential to have all the assistance, experience, and to continue your knowledge to ensure the best procedure is initiated. I have a strong belief that any given person must be able to perform more than one duty. I take pride in my ability to communicate and am able to work well with others. I also have a strong belief in maintaining a professional attitude and the handling of all correspondence, etc., in a professional manner. I am willing to adapt to any culture or region in the world. My passport is in order and I am willing to work anywhere. So with my experience and knowledge of the oil industry, I feel I can be a great asset to any organization as a drilling fluid consultant in daily drilling operations. I am extremely loyal to the organization I am associated with, as can be attested by past employers.
• Home Address: 3821 Cassowary Ct.
• Marital Status: Married
Computer Knowledge and Experience:
• North West Kansas Vocational College
• Associates Degree in Communications
• Certification for Dantel Alarm Systems (Dantel Alarms)
• DNX-11 Certification Course (Eastern Research)
Am proficient in the following drilling and drilling fluid programs:
• Baroid-Well Site • Newpark Mud Pit 4 • FMI program
• Newpark Mud Pit 3 • Baroid-DFG
• Design spread sheets, templates, and own drilling fluid programs and have my own computer. I have experience in power point presentations.
Licenses and Certificates:
• Baroid Training • Rig Safety
• First Aid (Baroid) • Computer Training • H2S School (Baroid)
• IFE Basic Concepts • IFE Fluid Volumes
• IFE Drilling Waste Management • LCM Advisory
• Have completed various courses in QHSE training.
• AC/DC Electronics • Outside Plant Facilities • Data Communications
• Computer Literate • PBX Key Systems • Heavy Equipment Operation
• Cable splicing • T-Berd Testing • Basic Transmission,
• Cabling Techniques • Carrier, Bonding and Grounding,
Depths and Types Wells Worked:
• 1,000 ft to 21,000 ft • Horizontal Wells
• Vertical Wells • Onshore Drilling Rigs
• Directional Wells • HT-HP Holes
Types Drilling Fluids Worked:
• Lignosulfonates • Diesel • Diesel
• Lime • Brines
• Dispersal • Mineral Oil
• Milling • KOH/K-Lig
• Synthetics • Oil
Down Hole Drilling and Mud Problems Encountered:
• Abnormal Pressures • Differential Sticking • Motors (Down Hole)
• High Temperatures • Sloughing Shale
• Carbonates/Bicarbonates • Hydrogen Sulfide Gas • Salt/Fresh Water Flows
• Hydraulics • Solids Control • Corrosion
• Stuck Drill String • Depleted Sands
• Loss Circulation (Minor/Severe) • Torque/Drag • Deviated Sands
• Milling Operations • Various Contaminates
• (2008 – Present) Independent Drilling Fluid Consultant – Newpark Drilling fluids – From 2008 to 2 – 2008) Independent Drilling Fluid Consultant – Fluids Management L.L.C., Application Technologies – From 2007 to present, I have been an independent drilling fluid consultant through FMI Drilling Fluids, working onshore in north Texas in the Barnett shale. Assisting in drilling operations for horizontal wells with EOG Resources with lateral sections in excess of 3000 ft. While on an operational site my responsibilities were maintaining fluid properties to coincide with drilling fluid program. Also responsible for deliveries, credits, material usage and volume accounting on a daily basis with a report containing all pertinent information with daily expenditures. While discussing wellbore sections that would create concern while drilling operations move forth, and making suggestions to overcome issues that would be detrimental to well bore. Discussions from loss circulation material usages to weight schedule to offset wells. In the final interval of well, coordinating with warehouse facilities to arrange for chemicals to be transported to new location, invoices from warehouse, organize transport trucks for fluid transfer to new site where storage tanks are on site, disposal of waste and coordinating with cleaning services to prepare rig and equipment for next well.
Install and mount frames, cross connect panels, Install new ground and power runs to (MCAM) or to Battery Room, Install runs of fiber and duct to accommodate, Install ladder rack or cable rack, Some testing for (MCTM) and trouble shooting in process of testing.
Installation of Nortel Networks switch including: MCAM, SNSE, LIM, CSDM, and MCTM. Ran power for all cabinets including alarm cables along with signal cables and terminating in assigned ports. Installed fiber from SNSE to MCTM for optical use. Installation of grounds, H-taps, installation of ICG, MGB, with ground cabling. Installation of inverters along with power from main disconnect panel. Familiar with reading blue prints to start installation of switch cabinets, ladder rack, batteries, inverters and MAP PC’s with printers! Installation of alarm box in MSC room. Experienced in all lacing procedures.
Installation of Ditech echo canceller or mux applying power to Dietech along with fuse panel, Ethernet connections, OC3 links coming from SPM. DS3 cables (coaxial) if need in some cases with BNC connector experience for connectors.
Ditech equipment is echo canceller also mux using OC3 links going in Ditech and leaving as DS3 time slots or can be ran straight though the Ditech. Installation and loop back test for the DS3 cables, installation of timing cables in assigned slots stated in I-package areas with cards that are marked T-1 5407, DS3 cables are terminated in/out but are frogged on the opposite ends of termination. Power from fuse panel to Ditech A and B feed. Also power from fuse panel back to BDFB and termination inside BDFB in maintenance window. Cables made for connection between Ditech and 6-pack with Ethernet cables. I am familiar and have also installed DS3 connectors, terminated fiber in assigned port position, installation of 6-pack for Ethernet connections.
Installation of Nortel Switch: MCAM, SNSE, LIM, CSDM, and MCTM. Ran power for all cabinets and signal cables for assigned ports and fiber for SNSE and MCTM! Power verification on initial start up of equipment! Trouble shooting problems inside of MCAM. Power supply to invertors and to battery room! Installed cross bars to connect batteries in series for maximum power and to charge them at the same time.
Installation and wiring of Larscom equipment and connections at the DAX using 28 pairs out of 32 pair cable that are shielded. Has timing going to the bits clock and also has Ethernet connections.
Experience with cross-connects redressing back plane for better over all appearance with cables made to fit run between cross-connects with testing individual cables in maintenance window. Using BNC connectors and specialty tool for stripping DS3 (coaxial) cable which is electric that is less time consuming than stripping by hand.
Duties included for Dantel audit and fix
Have experienced tasks need to be complete to accomplish Dantel audit. Tasks such trouble shooting alarms terminating in the Hoffman box. Testing out tie cables that connect MDF blocks to the Hoffman box. Testing HVAC units for correct termination, testing, wiring surge suppressors, MPDB, rectifiers, and inverters. Along with the testing with NOC as well as paperwork that insures correct format to customer standards. Termination of cables at MDF block for all equipment alarms that are customers responsibility for work load while on site. Installation of Point Master with provisions of Dantel Point Master and removal of Smart block while transferring existing alarms on Smart block to new Point Master. Initial wiring for Point Master and Hubbing module were included responsibilities as well on the Dantel Audit projects.
• (1994 – 1998) Farm Hand – S & W Farms – Maintenance and up keep of equipment, management of crops, Heavy equipment operation and maintenance of diesel tractors and motors for water wells on property, safety conscientious, fumigated grain tanks for insects, managed shipment of grain coordinating with local agriculture office for sale of grain.