Demonstrated skills in implementing, maintaining and monitoring SQL Server databases in diverse environments. Recognized for developing detail oriented database processes, procedures and standards based on corporate regulations and industry best practices. Solid experience in the following:
· Log shipping
· Disaster recovery
· Performance tuning
· Backup strategies
· Resource allocation
· T-SQL coding and optimization
· Capacity planning
RDBMS Platforms: SQL Server 6.5, SQL Server 7.0, SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005, Sybase ASE 12.5
OS Platforms: Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, UNIX (SunOS 5.8)
Tools: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Project and PowerPoint), Visio, Erwin, PVCS (version control), Quest Foglight, TOAD, BCP Utility, FTP Utility, Winzip, WinSCP, WINRAR, DB Artisan, Quest SQL Litespeed, ISQL, SQLCMD
JPMorgan Chase, Chicago, 1996 – 2009
Senior Database Administrator (2008)
Provided transition support for 18 SQL Server instances.
· JPMorgan Chase acquired Washington Mutual Bank (2008)
· Exported data to specified target locations as required using FTP, WINRAR and WinSCP.
· Generated database creations scripts to ensure the ability to recreate the environments if needed.
· Decommissioned SQL Server instances by removing database monitoring, taking databases offline and shutting down the services.
· Presented detailed documentation of the system operations for each transitioned application.
Washington Mutual Bank, 2001 – 2008
Senior Database Administrator (2007 – 2008)
Provided support for more than 350 SQL Server instances in a shared clustered environment. Maintained GDS Offshore/Onshore monthly invoice reports and performed budget reconciliations.
· Installed and upgraded to SQL Server 2005 on stand alone and clustered servers (32-bit and 64-bit) in a high quality, timely manner resulting in minimal down time .
· Efficiently troubleshot performance issues improving query run times and application performance.
· Developed database and server triggers and procedures which helped secure shared instances.
· Assisted with GDS offshore and onshore resource management by co-chairing offshore staff meetings, maintaining resource tracking reports and providing guidance for corporate practices.
· Coordinated the creation of database work statements, reducing costs and enhancing resource allocation efforts.
Senior Database Administrator (DBA)Team Lead (2006 – 2007)
Provided primary support for 280 SQL Server databases and 33 Sybase ASE 12.5 databases. Performed as team lead including work assignments, training and mentoring of two SQL Server Database Administrators.
· Implemented and tested Disaster Recovery solution ensuring compliance with corporate policy
· Developed and implemented backup and recovery strategies, minimizing potential systemic risk.
· Performed SQL Server 2005 installations and upgrades within tight time frames.
· Provided troubleshooting support; identified and addressed root cause issues resulting in more efficient performance.
· Created T-SQL queries to assist in application processes.
· Promoted to this position in recognition of outstanding performance and technical acumen
REGINA T GOLSTON
Database Engineer (2004 – 2006)
Spearheaded the evaluation and approval of database standards and procedures including leading the standards project team comprised of SQL Server database administrators as well as database managers.
· Provided consultation to SQL Server Database Administrators to increase team efficiency.
· Created T-SQL database compliance assessment scripts which reported level adherence to standards.
· Led the evaluation of new database technology including SQL Server 2005 and Quest SQL Litespeed.
· Researched and recommended new database technology to enhance quality and efficiency.
· Developed database security standards in collaboration with auditors, security personnel and engineers.
· Coordinated with the Active Directory and Data Security teams to develop an effective offshore database security model.
Database Administrator (2002 – 2004)
Provided onsite support and remote consultation for SQL Server 2000 databases on a remote network in Long Beach, California. Also provided support and development of Oracle 9i databases and Sybase ASE 12.0 databases on a Unix platform.
· Performed upgrade of MS SQL Server 7.0 to MS SQL Server 2000.
· Efficiently implemented T-SQL code modifications.
· Provided responsive maintenance and troubleshooting.
· Led the team of two Oracle DBAs in tuning the Data Warehouse load process resulting in optimized delete scripts.
· Reviewed all procedures for performance enhancements, improving the Informatica ETL process by adding indexes.
· Planned and coordinated change implementation and project tracking processes to ensure major initiatives were completed on time and within budget.
· Modified logical data models and updated the physical model as required.
PNC Mortgage Corp of America, 1996 – 2001
Lead Database Administrator (2000 – 2002)
Planned and coordinated the upgrade of SQL Server 6.5 to 7.0 on a Windows 2000 cluster environment involving over 30 databases. Supervised four DBA staff including two consultants.
· PNC Mortgage Corp of America was acquired by Washington Mutual Bank (2001)
· Tuned in-house written application, improving performance by more than 100%
· Identified and resolved data integrity issues.
· Trained and mentored staff members to enhance team performance and cohesiveness.
· Developed and maintained project plans, on-call schedule and assigned tasks.
· Performed replication setup, monitoring and modifications.
· Led the successful effort to upgrade from SQL Server 7.0 to SQL Server 2000.
· Reviewed third party code using SQL Profiler, Query Execution plans and trace flags to aide in troubleshooting.
Database Administrator (1997 – 2000)
Implemented and maintained transactional replication in a SQL Server 6.5 environment. Setup included homogeneous and heterogeneous databases at multiple sites both local and remote. Entire production environment included over 19 servers using transactional replication, push subscriptions, local and remote distributors, replication filters and replication stored procedures.
· Developed stored procedures and triggers (SQL Server and Sybase).
· Created and maintained databases, database objects and database devices (SQL Server and Sybase).
· Implemented security (SQL Server and Sybase).
· Designed and executed disaster recovery plans to mitigate risk.
· Trained new staff.
· Performed application installs and data manipulation using BCP (SQL Server and Sybase).
· Optimized database performance.
REGINA T GOLSTON
Programmer II (1996 – 1997)
Evaluated and documented real-time mainframe systems to be converted to client/server technology. Programmed batch interfaces to transition information from mainframe.
· Designed COBOL II programs to receive data from Sybase gateway and format it for input to the mainframe legacy system.
· Developed MS SQL Server and Sybase T-SQL stored procedures to receive replicated data from the client/server application, compare SQL Server and Sybase tables and update corresponding Sybase information.
· Performed extensive data mapping which lead to the successful implementation of the corresponding client/server application.
· Provided administration of Sybase replication
Trustmark Insurance Company, Lake Forest, 1988 – 1996
Operations Supervisor (1995 – 1996)
Supervised seven Operations staff including Operators and Operations Analysts.
· Conducted performance reviews.
· Interviewed candidates.
· Coded COBOL and EasyTrieve programs as needed to provide Operations reporting.
· Troubleshot problems to determine trends and/or suggested solutions.
· Maintained and modified staff procedures
Programmer/Analyst (1994 – 1995)
Served as Project Lead for the company-wide implementation of a new Report Management Distribution System. Analyzed and documented data operations practices and procedures, chaired task force and project meetings and provided new and existing product support.
· Researched all company-wide output produced on the mainframe by scheduling and conducting interviews throughout the entire organization.
· Successfully evaluated various report management products involving onsite interviews with multiple using the technology leading to the recommendation and implementation of a solution.
· Conducted cost/savings analysis and job setup for each department.
· Organized and performed user and administrative training for the entire corporation (approx. 1400 people) in local and remote offices.
· Created and published all procedures and documentation to support the product.
· Invited as a speaker at the Xplor user conference due to our successful implementation of the to provide insight and highlights of the selected product
· Worked in various other positions such as Computer Operator, Production Coordinator and Programmer (1988 – 1994)
B.S., Computer Information Systems
DeVry Institute of Technology, Chicago,