RITU RIDAM ~
To seek an Accounting position, that effectively utilizes my educational qualifications and professional experience, as well as offers opportunities to develop professionally .
· Accounting classes taken from UNLV (May 2006-2008).
· Diploma in Business Management, ICFAI, India (2004-2005).
· Bachelor in Commerce/Accounting, India (1998-2001).
· ACCOUNTANT June 2002 – June 2004
Call to Connect, India
· PLACEMENT COORDINATOR July 2000- May 2001
Vanijya Mahavidyala, India
COURSES TAKEN (M.S.A)
· Financial Reporting Topics.
· Auditing Theory and Applications.
· Merger, Acquisitions and Divestitures.
· Federal Taxation.
· Accounting Information Systems.
· System Theory and Applications
ACADEMICS AND PROJECTS
AFFILIATIONS / EXTRA CURRICULAR / VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES:
Will be provided upon request.
· Organized inter-college cultural program, ‘Utsav’ and helped in finding sponsors for the event.
· Volunteer for fund raising activities for handicapped children (India).
· Volunteer in planting trees to prevent global warming.
· Made presentations and invited companies for campus placement
· Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, bookkeeping, auditing and taxation.
· Competent in following accounting software packages: QuickBooks and Peachtree Accounting.
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Power Point.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Accounting Information System
o Applied Peachtree Accounting for maintaining financial information (sales, purchases, inventory, accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliation statements, etc.) of a business entity.
o Analyzed fraudulent practices with regards to business ethics.
o Payroll processing for companies including retirement benefits (401K) and employee benefit packages.
· Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
o FARS Research Cases involving SFAS # 141 “Business Combination” And SFAS # 142 “Goodwill Valuation”.
o Consolidation Accounting Case in which consolidated worksheets were prepared for various companies using Excel worksheets.
· Financial Reporting
o Analyzed many advanced accounting and reporting topics including receivables, inventories, operational assets, investments and current liabilities, bonds and long term notes, accounting for income taxes, accounting changes and error corrections, shareholder’s equity, income statement, balance sheet and the statement of cash flows
o Evaluated company’s financial statements for proper reporting standards and their adherence to GAAP.
o Analyzed different options for shareholders with regards to Shares Appreciation Rights (SARS).
· Auditing and Assurance Services
o Studied the effects of Sarbanes and Oxley Act of 2002, ethical and regulatory issues in auditing and professional standards set by PCAOB
o Learned and analyzed different types of reports on audited financial statements and many audit related cases
o Analyzed and learned the entire audit process including internal controls evaluation, revenue and collection cycle, acquisition and expenditure cycle and closing of the audit
o Analyzed and learned the methodology of KPMG’s Business Measurement Process.
o Advised Wells Fargo’s as an auditor regarding their internal and external control systems..
· Federal Taxation
o Prepared various types of Federal Tax Returns for S and C Business Corporations using Turbo Tax.
o Assisted the Placement Director with data collection, data entry and company follow-ups.
o Trained Junior Placement Coordinators.
o Ensured the adequacy of the accounting system as the basis for reporting to management. Considered the need for new or changed controls.
o Projected accounting data to show the effects of proposed plans on capital investments, income, cash position, and overall financial condition.
o Applied principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Compiled and analyzed financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
o Analyzed financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, prepared balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
o Established, modified, documented, and coordinated implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
o Performed a full range of bookkeeping duties including A/R, A/P, and bank reconciliations.
o Assisted with payroll, tax, and account processing.
o Assisted with cash payment processing.
o Built relationships with the customer and vendors by being proactive and providing timely and accurate information through written and oral communication.
o Developed and monitored project schedules to ensure timely completion of projects; communicated status to team members, management and clients.