Styleapple: http://tinyurl.com/13yc2m Brightfuse: http://tinyurl.com/knlot8
Creative, innovative designer with experience in the textile and carpet industries. Original designs, repeat and color work. Designs for consumer products. Versatile hand, excellent design and color sense.
Team player, work well under pressure, meet deadlines, self-motivated, multi-task well, able to work independently and with others, adaptable, welcome challenging and difficult projects, dependable, excellent organizational and communication skills, bring out creativity in others, detail oriented, perfectionist, always eager and willing to learn new skills and to perfect existing skills.
My objective is to join a company in a senior design position, where my training, experience and talents would be an asset to my new employer.
Freelance Textile and Rug Designer 2009-Present
Senior Rug Designer – Patterson, Flynn & Martin 2001-2009
Patterson, Flynn & Martin, established in 1943, is a leading designer of high end custom, classic and contemporary floor coverings serving the interior design trade.
· Created original designs and color concepts for the PFM and Schumacher lines for distribution to the company’s corporate and outside showrooms across the country. Many designs were top sellers and were featured in industry magazines such as Interior Design and Architectural Digest.
· Worked extensively with the sales staff and their clients (interior designers and end users) in the development and execution of custom designs, or selection of existing rugs, according to the clients’ specifications. Attentive to clients’ needs and wishes. My input helped generate sales.
· Helped develop lines for well-known interior designers including Kelly Wearstler, Matthew Patrick Smyth and Michael S. Smith.
· Reviewed quantity dye lot color poms for production. Communicated my comments directly to the various mills, domestically and abroad.
· Designed broadloom, area rugs and staircases for residential and hospitality use.
· Designed for different carpet qualities: Tibetan, Wilton, Axminster, needlepoint, soumak, hand knotted, hand-tufted, hand hooked, flat woven and sisal.
· Computer generated and hand-painted renderings in scale.
· Variety of designs: traditional to contemporary, simple ideas to extremely intricate patterns.
· Created presentation boards.
Senior Textile Designer – Cone Decorative Fabrics 1998-2000
Cone Decorative Fabrics is a textile manufacturer specializing in the design and distribution of decorative fabrics for the home furnishings industry.
· Developed and executed original designs, repeats and colorings for printed fabrics. Created artwork for the line and worked with salespeople in the development of custom projects for their clients.
· Mill work. Traveled to mills to review strike-offs and color lab dips. Made appropriate corrections.
· Computer generated and hand painted designs.
Freelance Textile Designer 1984-1998, 2000-2001
· Developed relationships with a wide range of companies, creating original designs, repeats and colorings. Responsible for the concepts, development and execution of designs in a timely manner. Worked from documents on occasion. Developed collections of coordinating designs.
· Companies: Domestications, Springs Industries, Gear, Raymond Waites, Fashion Industries, VIP, Revman Industries, Jeffrey Fabrics, Perfect Fit Industries, Burlington Industries, Covington Fabric and Design, Croscill Home, Home Curtain Corp., The Bibb Company, Dan River, Bardwil, Town and Country, The Manes Organization, Benartex, Ex-Cell Home Fashions, Corona Curtain, The Kellwood Company, Cameo Fabrics, Howard Kaplan, and Gloria Buce, Inc.
· Created artwork for apparel and all types of home furnishings: bedding, rugs, shower curtains, towels, curtains, kitchen curtains, draperies, upholstery fabrics, quilting fabrics, table linens, wallpaper, placemats, dinnerware, giftware and gift bags in a variety of styles, both traditional and contemporary.
· Textile designer at Home Curtain Corp., Waverly Fabrics and The Manes Organization
· Lace designer at Wiener Laces, Inc.
· Adobe Photoshop
· Adobe Illustrator
· Hand Painting and Sketching
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Arts in Art, City College of New York – Magna cum Laude