Ritch L. Strom
3976 Thrush Lane
Liverpool, NY 13090
I am equipped with 12+ years of success directing operations, sales, and strategic sales planning efforts to develop and grow business with an outstanding work ethic. As a consistent over achiever I’m able to set priorities properly, handle multiple concurrent tasks and make sound decisions within high-energy environments. I will continue to strive for success in my professional career by separating myself from others with hard work and determination.
EDUCATION 1991-1993 Onondaga Community College – Associates Degree Criminal Justice
“Overcoming Customer Objections”
“Value Added Sales Proposition”
June 08’- Present
Account Executive – Program Manager, PCC, Dewitt, NY
* I was expected to use previous market experiences to sell in both existing and new markets.
* Responsible for growing of my own book of business through cold calling & prospecting.
* I use existing vendor relationships and new relationships to structured formal leasing programs.
* I was recruited to handle a new developing account with a major hotel company. This included working with the corporate offices, vendors & end users.
* I handled approvals from lenders, documentation & funding as part of the sales process.
* One of the best things about leasing is working with different markets segments and learning new products for example:
Heavy equipment, IT, telephony, software, machinery & medical devices.
Regional Sales Manager, Ontario Credit Corp., East Syracuse, NY
* I worked with and answered directly to the V.P. of sales.
* I was responsible for growing existing vendor relationships.
* Prospecting and developing new relationships within a specific geography.
* Meeting a quota of new business volume and other targets such as applications, new closed vendors, number of sales presentations and number of outbound sales calls.
* These relationships will ultimately result in generating profitable lease transactions that produce new business volume.
* I developed the company’s first program in the small ticket market with a well known auto parts company known nationally.
Corporate Account Manager, Baer Supply Co., Syracuse, NY
* The V.P of Sales creating a sales position for me which would become the model for salesmen throughout the company.
* I was responsible for 40 key accounts across NY State. The territory stretched from Buffalo to Albany.
* I finished my first year at 197% to goal. This is with a territory more than double in size in comparison to other reps.
* I was generating 2.4 million dollars in revenue in these accounts while consistently maintained double digit growth. I remained in the top 5% percentile of sales nationally for the next 3 years.
* I was able to develop customized programs and work with vendors to implement these programs. The programs encompass the needs of each individual customer.
Logistics/Operations/Customer Service Manager, Baer Supply Co., Syracuse, NY
* I was responsible for testing, training and implementation of SAP systems when we converted from the AS400 system.
* I was also responsible to travel nationally to train other customer service departments on order entry on the SAP system.
* Responsible for developing hiring and training several people for a new call center that was established in Syracuse.
* My team consisted of 7 customer service reps, 1 purchasing agent, 2 people handling accounts receivable.
* Handled 10.8 million dollars in sales through this office in the first year that it was established.
* I was a key figure in establishing our regions profitability.
* I worked directly with outside sales and vendor representatives in do product roll outs and demonstrations of new products we introduced to our market place.
Customer Service/Warehouse, Upstate Plywood, Syracuse, NY
* Responsible for all shipping and receiving aspects of the business.
* Handled order entry with customers at the walk in counter
* Take phone in orders during peak call times
* Set up delivery routes for drivers handling varies territories.
* Maintaining inventory by cycle counting. Clearly communicating adjustments & needs of inventory levels based on pre-established reorder points.
Trauma Team Orderly, SUNY Health & Science Center, Syracuse, NY
* Responsible for the transporting and set up of various necessary medical devices
* Stocking the operating room with necessary supplies and instruments.
* Overall patient care including both pre-op & post-op
* Patient transportation
* Pre surgery patient preparation.
* Exceptional organizational, operational, public relations and leadership abilities; Tremendous energy and dedication
* Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with a keen sense for details and numbers
* Demonstrated success in coordinating multiple and complex projects and staff/office operations
* Experienced in budgeting, fundraising, financing, investments and accounting procedures; Versatile multi-tasker
* Excellent communication skills; Great “people person”, confident, personable and outgoing with a very positive outlook
* Highly motivated, goal-oriented and hard-working individual with the ability to operate productively under deadline pressures
* Quick to learn new concepts, specifications, systems and procedures; Efficiently handle challenging assignments
* Proficient with Vista Windows, MS Office 2007, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and customized software
References are available upon request.